PD Position

Discussion in 'Upsher Smith Labs' started by Anonymous, Mar 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm considering recommending a friend to apply for a PD position in MN. Any of the PD folks still there from several years ago? Or has everyone quit or been fired/laid off? Are they ok with people who don't fit in the "young white athletic male" role? I'm only saying that because some places are not but they can't say it, and I just don't want to waste anyone's time.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they need a job, send them in.

It is still a club at the top. If you aren't in it, you don't matter much.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with this person's advice to you on all counts.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lot's of turnover recently in PD. May want to inquire about it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much everyone who left PD was female, and they lost some good people.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great place to get some experience but keep your resume updated, especially if you are at the bottom of the food chain. One day you are golden, the next day you are gone.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only come here if you need a paycheck. View it as a job and not a career. The rank and file at Upsher are viewed like copiers and lab equipment, bought, used and obsoleted quickly.

The only ones with a "career" are the hand chosen at the top and most are pretty green which makes for a slow grind getting things done.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only take a job here if you are desperate and have no ethics. I am out in a week.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be very careful if considering coming here. They will promise a lot and deliver very little. The HR department is shady at best if not outright unethical. When they use words like opportunity and growth to describe the position what they really mean is it is an opportunity for them to get you cheap and grow off your efforts until they burn you out.

Make sure to ask how bonuses are being paid during this period of record sales growth. That ought to make them squirm a bit.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious: Is that why they keep hiring younger and younger people, and rejecting or dumping anyone who is a bit older even if they are more experienced (and smarter)?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will keep you around long enough to hire a low paid contractor for your position. If you are lucky you can even train in your own replacement before they dump you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would chalk it up to two things. Greed and arrogance.

Generics are a high margin business relative to brands and they want the most return for their expense. Unfortunately this view trickles over into how they view their people.

As far as arrogance goes, it is a lot easier to feel superior to junior level people or people with limited industry experience. When you tell them a story, they are more likely to believe it and think you are brilliant.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The previous poster who noted that one day you are golden, the next day you are gone is right on the money. I was a loyal employee for several years with excellent reviews and but after not seeing eye to eye with my manager on employee discipline issues.. I was then on the sh*t list. For good and for final. HR was no help as they were (literally) in bed with my boss. I couldn't get away fast enough after that. Beware... it might be a job for a while, but it won't be a career.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like in Denver where the only PDF is a young girl who can barely tie her shoes.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a fine job if you like working 12 hour days and have nothing else going on in your life. Well, nothing else beside worrying if you will have a job next week.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The blonde bimbo in Denver moved from tech services to a newly created fulltime job in Denver due to the plant manager salivating over her. So you if you are young female USL will find a position for you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Especially a young, attractive female. Older and not attractive people don't stand a chance.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's what USL likes...young bimbos without education, intelligence, or experience and who lack all integrity.