How come Actavis didn't buy Ironwood too?

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not much of a market for a me too chloride channel activator that causes explosive diarrhea, eh?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a much bigger market than the one for Amitiza.

To answer your question,they don't need to buy Ironwood. If they want to do anything, they can just buy out the other 50% of Linzess rights in the US.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes a lot of sense for investors to reinvest if IW sells the right to Linzess.. NOT everyone would just take their profits and run!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis would have had to take all the Woodies, and let most of their own reps go.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They wouldn't take any. They max out rep salaries at $85K and yearly bonuses max out at 20k.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actavis would have almost been forced to take the best and the brightest reps. The reps who would have been clearly superior- the Woodies. Actavis couldn't have explained to their board why they kept inferior representatives, and let the best go un- hired.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You do not understand how Actavis works. In the Actavis system, reps are a replaceable business tool. You get a required number of signatures per day, you give out a required number of samples, first call before 9 am, last call after 4:30 pm. They don't expect or want a clinical discussion. It is a churn and burn organization. Why do you think they cap salaries and bonuses. Ironwood representatives do not fit the Actavis model. By the way, the board could care less about reps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is true, and I doubt that it is true, then Woodies don't need to lower themselves to the Actavis level. The cream of the crop always rises to the top. All organizations want to attract the pinnacle. There is no substitute for class and ability!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you doubt that this is the Actavis way, then reach out to a rep in your area. Actavis has a GI specialty sales force, so your GI offices could give you a name.Talk to reps who went through their mass hiring interview process last fall (1 interview, 1 hour long with 2 managers, neither of whom would be your DM) . Ask them what the company values. Also, for what it's worth, read the Actavis board here on CF. They don't see any rep as "pinnacle", just a warm body to deliver samples and be micromanaged by a DM. Remember, Actavis started as a generic company and still receives a great deal of revenue from that side of the business. Do you really think that a company with that background will value reps.

If you thought working with Forest was bad, you haven't seen anything yet. You will have to go elsewhere to find someone who appreciates class and ability.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut the F up. You Ironwood reps are so full of yourselves. The reps in Illinois and Indiana are tools and hated by most of the docs because they are boring and take up way too much of their time.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While I doubt this post will be allowed to come through, ( for whatever reason, not using any of the F words, I guess) the above response is a classic example of inferiority of Actavis.
    The superiority of Woodies can almost be felt in words on a CP Board! Actavis management is fully aware of this, but needs to protect their lower IQ representatives.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares? It is all about how Actavis values reps in general. The answer: very little. That is why they cap a rep's salary at 85K and bonus is capped at 20K a year (and reps get no stock options, low-end company cars, etc.). Their model doesn't value "superiority", they would run away from it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take this to the forest board. They didn't buy us case closed.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's interesting to note how the chief CP decision- maker works many Saturday's!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ironwood will be sold in the next 6 months. Take that to the bank.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would someone want to buy a company that only has one drug? A chloride channel activator that causes violent diarrhea. Not happening. There is no pipeline at Ironwood, everything is centered around Linstress. Big pharma wants to buy a pipeline, not a single me too drug with a bunch of side effects.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See Linzmess is taking time off from the Yahoo message boards to troll here...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, I doubt this honest post will make it, but I'll keep trying.
    It's not about the one drug. It has always been about the superiority of the Woodies.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry you didn't get the job

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Linzmess still only gets 5 scripts a week in my territory. I'm doing everything I can to blunt your launch and it's working! I love the look on Drs faces when they are "enlightened" that Linzmess has the same chem structure as diarrhea causing toxins . It explains what their patients who try Linzmess are experiencing when they have unpleasant fiery explosions. I also like how when Linzess's BLACK BOX warning comes up, you just sidestep to unrelated products.