SkinMedica legacy has crumbled

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I never thought I see the day when all of the SkinMedica "good old boy's network" or SKM legacy would be dismantled. I can't believe that they let EB go, wait...yes, I can definitely see why. I truly believe that things will be much better for the SKM sales reps now that the senior management team has crumbled to the ground. I wish everyone well that has been displaced. Good luck finding a job. I even wish EB good luck finding a job too. EB, you can always go back to pharma!!!! Glad I'm not working at SKM any longer.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who else was let go yesterday?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We could only pray that SM was let go. What a horrible man.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were any managers let go on the West Coast?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not surprised! The work you do and I once did is so degrading and worthless. When awful people like PG are retained, you can assume nothing has really changed. What a joke! Sorry EB! New York beckons!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cappi gone yet??? There is another that needs the boot!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only legacy SM has ever had is that of a company that hires bimbo's to sell mindless and worthless products.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doesn't matter anymore. The office is closing in two months and everyone is leaving or moving to Irvine HQ.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, for those that are going to Irvine, it's a decent town!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about CF???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She was let go with EB

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patty i sure hope you don't believe that BS Bruce feeds you about being "late"! Run lady run! We all did!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to KT on the west coast?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's another one that managed to stay way longer than she deserved! She should count her blessings that management incompetence was allowed for so long.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From what I heard only about 1/4 of the company got offers to stay. The rest are gone come end of October. I don't think anyone from Marketing or Education were given offers.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Education? Education of what? Cosmetic products? That's just offensive to the rest of the Pharma industry. You don't educate about cosmetics you show the morons how to put it on. Then it doesn't work after 3 months and they go back to Noxema which works just as well for pennies on the dollar vs SM junk.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As much as pharma folks hate admit it, these products are made with ingredients know to help the skin. Its more health maintenance and protection than "fixing" skin.

Also, just because its prescription doesn't make it "work". I've sold a few Rx products in my career that had an efficacy rate of under 10% but yet office gobbeled them up because we told a good story.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with last post but the real reality to improving a persons skin and appearance is that it can only be achieved through surgical procedures. Every option has it's limitations and expiration dates but only surgery provides a true noticeable change and improvement that will last for about 6 - 10 years depending on the age of patient. Over that amount of time, surgery is always less expensive than buying expensive products like the ones sold in doctor offices.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. Education was not let go. A significant number of people from Marketing were let go, but not all. A lot of the people who were re-offered their jobs decided to leave due to commuting reasons. Over 30% of the sales force was let go (allegedly), including 1 RM. EB and CF were let go, but the Education team stayed intact. R&D team stayed intact as well.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ridiculous. Education? R&D? Enough!! I can't stop laughing as it is!!