CV/Allergy/Diabetes Mgr's Mtg

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What news has come out of this meeting?
    Re-alignments ?
    Downsizing?
    Etc.

Mgr's give us some anonymous info!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smaller districts; smaller pods. More use of contract reps both reps and managers. NO PACKAGE for voluntary severence.. Forced ranking for ~ 35% of current sales force let go ...that package ( layoff) TBA but seems like it will be less than 3 years ago. Certain specialty positions rolled back into field on a case by case basis ( local market will determine this)
    Web roll out of this end of next week

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info. Does the above apply to all mentioned groups - allergy, cc and diabetes?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Diabetes specific

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it me, or is the 35% severance/layoff a significant cut in the sales force? This seems to contradict everything we've been hearing over the past year regarding the head count.

Is the "forced ranking" you mention based on YER or overall sales rankings. Any more context you can provide to this?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have to ask, then you're the one getting cut. Might as well brush off your resume.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 35% sounds better than the 75% reduction CV went through in 2011...BLOODBATH. Hopefully, the 35% is an exaggerated number. Good luck!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure they'll be completely transparent about all this during the Tuesday Web Ex. And smaller districts? My manager is already with us too much.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad to see all the brainiacs are in Indianapolis. I am sure Brian S. is making his lips well used as is Gonzo. Plus, another loose cannon DM KW. I hope they all get cut. Worst people I have met. They are in cut and defend mode. Watch out minions!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about all of these exciting launches? Don't we need as many people selling as possible?

Well, it was nice to believe for a little bit. Much like the excitement I felt when Bob promised big fat bonuses...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wait for the spin that is about to start...they will have 90% of you believing that you are the LUCKIEST LITTLE PHARMA REP ALIVE. And then the ruinous burning disappointment will set in starting with layoffs based on "performance" and coaching letters for all that are left behind. This is the WORST career ever..Satan couldn't have invented something that even comes close. This has been the worst, most stressful, most frustrating year of my long "career." So over it. I am dead inside.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are 100% accurate in your post. I am right in the middle of my manager making my life miserable and since he keeps managing out people I guess I'm next. I've been at Sanofi over 15 years and am very close to all my old managers that have either left Sanofi or been moved to hospital. I've have two old managers try to hire me to their new company. I get out there everyday and work and this guy just decides to pick on someone to get rid of them and it's my turn.

Hope I get a severance and let go. I really do.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is only place I've heard layoffs.... All I've heard was that meeting was very positive and that every SANOFI employee is safe!! If the scale up it will be with contract to protect the SANOFI employees! Is this accurate???

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard the same. Bulking out through contracts lets Sanofi avoid any HR nightmares and severance associated with tenured Sanofi employees. I think everyone here is safe and likely most contract folks through 2015. If after launch the sales force needs to shrink Sanofi will discontinue contracts.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This does not seem credible. There are no contract DMs to my knowledge. Also, the Webcast is scheduled for this coming Tuesday not end of next week.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The poster that you responded to is a French model. I read it on the internet. Please, don't believe anything until you hear it from the company. This is all speculation.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Protect us Sanofi employees? You obviously think 55 corporate really cares so much they would protect us. We are a number and that's it. If you think they are looking out for us, that is wishful thinking. Contract reps are much cheaper and easy to dispose of.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not even a number. A paper cup, a shoelace, a baby wipe. Comprende?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont believe every thing you hear on cafe pharma. This poster obviously just wants to mess with people. There will be no layoffs. They are hiring a crap load of people across the areas. Gen Med will be groups of Allergy Reps, Cardio, and Diabetes. Managers will know there placements Nov 7th, the reps end of Nov.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We were forced ranked at our Region's manager's meeting a couple months back. Managers requested performance reviews from some - I think each manager forced ranked their team. Why do you think that occurred if no one will be let go?