ID'S

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Sep 25, 2014 at 7:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of asking IDs what they have done ask their boss's what they have accomplished. You will get crickets from the IDs what the have accomplished in their own accounts bc no one holds them accountable ...they are still making a plan .. A year later

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the same could be said for EBD. Anyone ever see a business plan from them? I haven't and I have been here 10 years.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ok...Im from a different division...what does ID stand for and what do they do?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IDs were supposed to be "account directors" who build relationships with Hospital system administrators to help influence drug decisions from behind the scene. Unfortunately, this is not happening. These highly paid IDs are home doing nothing most of the time. When they are in the field, they are just begging reps to get them appointments with anyone who will listen to their special secret powerpoint resource. No need for this position whatsoever!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have been around as a business unit for nearly 3 years. How long before they are dissolved? As far as I can tell , they are expanding and being touted as highly, highly, valued.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MAPS is where it be man. IDs are running scared. The Big B will inch along and they don't own any accounts, or pharmacies or plans or speakers - they are on the peripherary of everything yet the center of nothingness. Like the void the rep falls into after one call two call get my face in the surveillance camera mode of working stumbling aimlessly waiting for someone to tap me and say it's finally all over.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job is really a hospital rep role with the ability to take docs to dinner. The big guy in Texas does nothing any different than the reps, in fact the doctors he calls on think he is a hospital rep. He offers nothing more than your typical hospital rep, except those dinners out. Can't believe he's making a CBD salary. He's just a rep! He could leave tomorrow and no one would miss him.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who even runs their group? Wh do the lead IDs report in to?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you expect the guy in Texas to do? He is supposed to sell B just like everyone else Just ask him and he will tell you just that. It's not his fault. Promised resources but don't have any, so he should resign? Are you a moron? He was sold a bill of goods just like all the others. So he is waiting for the axe to fall.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't say he should resign. Just that his role wouldn't be missed. Not saying it is his fault either, the job simply lacks the merit as intended. However, he could try and reinvent himself into something more than just a rep, being that he's paid the big $$$ to think and be bigger.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a typical AZ strategy with no attempt to hold it accountable for actual results. You cannot use a dinner to bribe a customer so you still have to have a viable product and the ability to sell it. So someone came up with this idea and was probably promoted before any results were measured. Someone or team of people was put in charge of rolling it out and some of them were probably promoted. A consultant firm was hired and paid big bucks to package it to Senior Leadership and then someone high up approved it and put it in their objectives.
    Nobody is ever held accountable when this kind of shit doesn't work because someone up high approved it in the first place and will never admit they made a mistake. These things usually die a slow death so that nobody has to take responsibility for a miserable failure.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The role is to legitimize bribery of the docs to push B. Nothing more, nothing less. It's the AZ way! But what the hell, I could care less as long as I can "work" the way I like, if you get my meaning! How can you not love this company??!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And what about all the people ( IDs) recruited from other companies for this project. They die a slow death too? Who is accountable to them?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gotta love. Think big and be bigger.. With what?? A magic Texas lighting rod?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

here in the northeast it is going great. Our new dsm is having us collaborate with the ID to pull through B. after every meeting we discuss how it went , what was discussed and agreed upon so we can make a next steps list and build upon the call. it is seemless and painless and nothing beats listening to your dsm talk for an hour at a clip
    Now march.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That sounds wonderful and so productive. You must have a stellar ID!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Texas ID is posted. You should see the job description. I especially love the part about advising management about rep deployment - really?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There hasn't been a hospital team since MM was retired.

Since then they have seen the hospitals as giant primary care offices.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the IDs are deployed by the reps since they need them to get access. It is just another job where people go through the motions and tell a great story when the reality is quite different. Many of us in MAPS - love our new name by the way - are in the same boat. We cannot see most of our customers we cannot do capability agreements anymore and the decision makers want solutions that we do not have. But at least I am not a sales leader anymore (describes most of us) who has to suffer the agony of watching reps in the field. Oy

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AD here. Do these guys make calls on doctors? What the hell. Do they record calls? I know about them but never actually met one or ran into them in the field or at FLM BEMs. That would suck big time - plus all the nonsense "teaming" with the reps, DSM, med affairs - screw that.