Worst RD - Chris Brown in SE area

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2014 at 6:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes a lot of repetitive work. There's a reason for that, Mr DM: To get the DMs and reps to follow P&P and as a teaching tool. How else do you educate some of the BLOCKHEADS in Forest then my rote repetition????

I love the guy, not just becuz I a gal but becuz he's so smart.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He's actually going to be promoted. That's how he may leave his RD position.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. Like the old saying goes..if you can't get rid of them, promote them.m

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's the way it works at the top levels, too bad I'm just a lowly rep haha LOL

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a true story.

I was a DM for a while a long time ago at Forest. I had a rep that was just really really bad at sales. I tried my best to help him. He was a good hearted guy and gave a lot of effort and tried his best. But doctors just did not respond to him. He was the only rep that carried a particular drug that he was weighted pretty heavily on and he was the only rep in his territory selling it, so back then it was easier to figure out if a rep could actually sell. Anyway he simply just couldn't figure it out. I even had very experienced reps that had a history of being consistent top performers come spend a few days with him as a way of trying to help him get better too.

I gave him as much time as I could and it came to a point that he just wasn't going to be a fit as a sales rep. But I couldn't terminate him because according to the guide lines we had to use, he did everything he was supposed to do. He had a high call average, sample rate, conducted programs, utilized all his budget, samples were correct, etc. I couldn't find anything to terminate him for according to the guidelines. So we literally promoted him to where he couldn't hurt our business as a sales rep. It was easier to promote him than to terminate him because he did everything else to a T.

Kinda sucks to think about it even as I type that out. But the best sales people aren't usually the ones who move up. It's funny to think how many reps were promoted to a specialty sales rep position because they were the only one who applied for it within the company. Back then we were literally forced to hire from within the company even if only one person applied for it. Even if they were clearly not qualified, we were still forced to hire them for the specialty spot.

Lol. Just thinking how many DMs got their job for the same reason. I saw some terrible sales reps get DM jobs because nobody else applied as an internal candidate. Then what makes it bad for sales reps is you get a manager that wasn't good at sales so they didn't know how to help you be better at sales - building relationships, how to start talking about your drugs without sounding like you just read a book on how to sell, etc.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't heard it called the Peter Principle. But it's description does fit Brown along with some of his DMs I have observed. To me, I can tell when they don't know much about the selling process. Like I mean they wouldn't be able to sell off on their own. Not the ole stand and deliver role play that is not real life but what is memorized lines from some book or sales technique.

The more someone in management focuses on trackers, spreadsheets, over complicating business plans ( I do think it's good to have a plan)' too many call ins, etc., etc. it just shows me they are overcompensating fortheirlack of teaching/ coaching people how to sell. And in my experience it's just not hard to teach reps how to real world sell. Most reps can pick it up, and some just aren't cut out for it.

But yes, in my humble opinion CB seems to fit the Peter a Principle criteria. If he had to go out and make a living selling a product on his own he would have to call people for help. He would try real hard and probably out the work time in, but would be lost in real life sales. Same holds true for a lot of his DMs. Of course he picked most of his DMs so there you go.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you tell em spanky

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha ha !!!!

These new business plan templates are a cluster fvck !!! Hey CB, do you realize how much time you reps stay away from calling on doctors because they are having to update the business plan template about once a week and how long it actually takes!?!?! Not to mention the other busy work that doesn't help. My god man, you are single handily ruining this place.

RDs & DMs before you would have stroked out if we spent a more than an hour a month out of the field doing busy work. They wanted us to have a sound yet simple & executable plan and CALL ON PRESCRIBERS!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CB's model will be the model for other regions, assuming it is successful. Thats what leadership has told us (I am a NE RD). That said it behooves you reps to fall inline because CHRIS is on the fasttrack.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This model is used by Actavis that's why it is important. CB is leading the change!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CB is a total douche.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop your complaining and get behind your leadership.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. Terrible leadership & management abilities.

Hey Brown.........take a deep breath and relax. Seriously try to relax

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Chris Brown when he was the RD in Cleveland as both a DM and a Rep. Back then, I was a bit of a pain in the ass, but I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever worked for anyone that had such a lack of overall intelligence.

This is the good news - working for him and having him up in my ass was the reason I decided to take a chance and leave Forest. Best decision of my life. I left to focus on my own business. Since then, I have increased my business by three fold. I make significantly more money, and I have a business that I can pass on to my kids or sell.

I owe Chris a debt of gratitude. I simply couldn't go on working for a group of people who I had no respect for their level of intelligence. Chris pulled me out of the field and questioned my work - rightfully so. That was the conversation that made me decide it was time to go. I wasn't the best rep, but on my worst day, I was/am a foot smarter than any of the clowns that I had to report to.

So I just want to say, "Thank You." I probably make more than an ABD now, and I don't answer to anyone except the IRS. I continue to expand my business, and I expect to be at over 5,000,000 in sales by the end of 2015. All this, and I'm nobody's bitch. I look forward to my job every day, and if Chris wasn't such a dumbass, I may have never made it happen.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great to hear about your great success! More of us reps should follow your lead and get the hell out of frx.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post! I wonder how many reps are considered lazy, when in fact, they are just unmotivated due to poor, unintelligent leadership.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh if you want a good look at Chris Brown's lack of leadership & management skills just look at his DMs. They are literally the keystone cops.

Right now, none of them are on the same page & it's like one rep is getting managed by 3 different managers. Because the DMs don't communicate & talk to each other about what they are demanding from all of us. It goes back to poor leadership by the RD. Brown should have them all on the same page -- it's called organization.

Lol, I never will forget that last POA we had under Brown. His managers were totally lost and had zero direction on which way they wanted to take the meeting. Way to have your team organized Brown.

And nothing needs to be said about his selling skills. How many drugs has he launched wrong since his days in Cincinatti? Probably every one of them. He always has to go back and change the way we are trying to position a drug because he has to copy what some other region is doing.

How does Spivey not see this??

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DM here! I work for CB. You are so full of sh**. CB does not micro manage his DMs. We coordinate sales tasks as required. We reward our loyal reps and some have made the green jacket. We unfortunately have many poor reps who we. Know fake most of their calls; even more then the 35% found by internal audits. So CB has to.put the hook on these reps and try to rehabilitate them or tire them. Hid goal id more P Clubbers in 2014-15.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So coordinating tasks as required doesn't have anything to do with the way he micro manages us. Oh and I'm a real DM, so yes I know.