Neuroscience Expansion

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could somebody tell me what is going on? Why the expansion when you are in the midst of a merger? New drug in the pipeline? I would really appreciate some info as I just posted for one of the positions.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many positions are there and when is the training class?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What cars does Shire have you pick from?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So we can all move up in seniority. Last in, first out, baby.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New indication for Vyvanse.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What can i negotiate? Does Shire do sign on bonus? If I accept the offer, Im walking away from a 5K bonus at my lousy company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't negotiate much at all and no signing bonus. If you have a good gig I wouldn't come over here. Things are not settled and if they do let people go in half a year first people in will be the first out in a lot of cases. Also you should check your bonus plan. Usually if you earned the bonus you are due the bonus even if you leave the company.

They also won't match your vacation. We do not get the week off for the holidays.

The trainings will take place probably around the new year when the position starts. The good news with that is you can look at different jobs within that time. The bad news is they may wait to give you a solid offer.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i appreciate your response. Can you tell me about the car and other benefits?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All this and the vp of sales here is a whack job that no one can stand. Absolutely ruined the culture in less than six months.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello? Have you missed everything? Shire was just purchased by Abbvie. Whatever benefits and car choices we currently have will not apply in 2 months. You are better off asking on the Abbvie board.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are concerned with the choice of car, please look elsewhere. Grow up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another great benefit here is that ur Mgr rides with you very often and provides a lot of great insight!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, I get it. These jobs are all the same. Just looking for some insight, too. Can i ask what the starting salary range is??

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typically here at shire you can expect $55-65K starting salary.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, I get it too, any time I want it!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not if you are an Executive Rep.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Executive reps will be the first to go in the merger. You couldn't pay me enough to take that position.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Starting pay varies. It will not be a much more than what you already get. A lot of people who work at Shire did not work at a Pharma company before so their salaries are a bit lower than those who came from other Pharma jobs. For "specialty" it is pretty low. The trade off used to be that you could count on your job and that bonuses were good.

As for car choice that changes every year. No use in even thinking about it because we have no way to know what the next options will be. I am happy with the choices right now and Fleet seems to really care about what they do and try to provide options. If you take over for a position you will probably be given the old reps car.

Benefits again are going to change at the new year so most of us don't really have a good idea. I saw that they offer 3 weeks vacation and 10 holidays. At Shire you get 3 weeks, 2 personal days, and 10 sick days that can be used to take care of your sick kids or spouse.

We won't know anything about training or whatever until closer to the hiring dates. We are all in the dark but just know we can count on our jobs while we launch. After? *shrug*

If you decide to interview make sure before you accept you go over all the questions you have before signing off. No info on here can be trusted 100%.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So all this for a binge eating indication? Hmm. I better stay put.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which does the company prefer, referral from recruiter or rep?