Allergan Eyecare Openings...

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2014 at 9:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you candidates read any of the thousands of posts on Allergan Eyecare?

There are so many openings because this division has had 2 rounds of layoffs in the past 9 months!!!

The division had layoffs in January of 2014! The company showed ZERO loyalty to Allergan employees (1 out of 4 Allergan representatives were terminated) and kept the inVentiv contract employees instead!

In September 2014 (last month) the division eliminated the entire inVentive contract sales force!!!

Eyecare division is a POD system and has too many representatives!

In most areas there are currently 3 Allergan representatives in a POD calling on the same doctors and selling the same products.

DO NOT believe the people that will tell you they make $120k a year in salary+bonus working for Allergan Eyecare! They are either the rarity (1%) or just plain lying!

Starting salary in Allergan Eyecare on average can range from $55k to $75k with bonus pay out being on average from $15k to $20k.

I am predicting (my opinion) that Allergan Eyecare will downsize again going from 3 to 2 eyecare representatives per territory come early 2015.

Allergan Eyecare is the most unstable and worst division within the company!!! Hope this helps!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why arent they filling the openings with reps that were laid off?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That would make sense. Makes more not to lay them off in the first place. Something fishy is going on.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would they lay off reps and hire new ones within 6-8 months.. Doesnt make sense. 4 reps per territory is insane.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get it in your heads!!! There are more layoffs coming!!!

Allergan Eyecare Management hired many reps for many openings last year in 2013, and then a few months later in January of 2014 laid off the same reps they had hired just a few months prior!!!

Eyecare Management at Allergan is a CLUSTER FUCK!!!

The whole idea is to end up with 2 reps per territory which means there will be more layoffs to bring the total of 3 Allergan reps currently to 2 Allergan reps in each territory!!!

You may be hired on because they may be trying to layoff current Allergan reps who have been here for years and have very high base salaries!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all the naive Allergan eyecare job candidates these are some of the main reasons there are so many openings:

1) Current Allergan Eyecare Reps are leaving since nobody wants to work here as it has had 2 rounds of layoffs in the past 9 months with more layoffs to come, so their positions become open as they leave.

2) There is a big push to cut costs at Allergan called project "Endurance" and as part of that Allergan Eyecare is hiring new reps at $65,000 base salary in anticipation of the next round of layoffs to push out the current Allergan Eyecare Reps who have been here for many years making $95,000 plus in base salary.

3) Allergan is facing a hostile takeover by Valeant and so Allergan wants to keep the shareholders happy and give them the impression that the company is in great shape and that is why they are still hiring so many reps for Allergan Eyecare, but in reality if Valeant takes over Valeant has an eyecare salesforce already, so layoffs will then be inevitable.

If the above reasons do not bring some sense to you to stay away from the sinking ship called Allergan Eyecare, you can wait another month and have my position in this dump as it will be another Allergan Eyecare Opening soon!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allergan Eye Care vs JNJ Vistakon? Interviewed for both positions and looks like I may get offers from both! Which is better in pay and work/life balance? Eye drops or contact lenses?! Thanks in advance.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you read the OP comments?

Read the comments earlier for your answers on pay and longevity with Allergan Eyecare.

MICROMANAGEMENT; a ride along every 3 weeks with different layers of management, negative field contact reviews on each visit no matter how well your territory is doing, daily calls being looked at, and doctors being called on the phone to verify you were there are a few common daily occurrences at Allergan Eye Care.

Congrats! Take JNJ and never look back!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would not hire you for either position because you are idiotic enough to post this question on CP, especially on this Allergan site where you can CLEARLY SEE what is going on. Anyone who would consider taking a position here is not astute enough to survive in the business world.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The model Allergan is/was using in Eye Care is archaic. There hasn't been a company in Pharma use the 'pod' model in 15 years. It just shows how back-ass Allergan is. Old business model, old management, and a tired growth plan.

Why did it take Valeant's imminent purchase for AGN to shave 1,500 people from the payroll?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get that this division is a mess but I need a job! I'm sure some of you can understand that
    Who is your health insurance through?
    What about life insurance? Who's that through
    Company car?
    Typical vacation for an exp rep?
    Thank you for serious answers
    My husband is very ill and dying. My family needs this

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone please tell me my useless manager is going to get canned before I do. I'm in the NE.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Dustin Sjuts still in eye care?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Empire
    Company car is inherited from previous rep
    2 weeks
    This company sucks and the managers are bullies that need to justify their jobs so they give everyone poor coaching reports and "move you along" while showing how they developed you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hang in there it will be better at VRX

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry about your husband but if you take a job at Allergan with Eyecare of all divisions, you are a fucktard and deserve this place.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally unnecessary. What is wrong with people that are this angry and bitter. Who talks to people like this?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the allergan eyecare area managers talk to all of us like this but you are seriously dumb if you consider working here. did you not read every other post on this site? do you think the posts are all jokes? allergan is treating all of their employees like trash, old and new, and the upper management are a bunch of pricks that are all for themselves. their true colors are showing now and they are all going to cash in on their stock, even though they really don't deserve mouse nuts.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is the restasis doctor who looks like a praying mantis but somehow continues to be the spokesperson.