Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics - Region North America re-org

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please! There is enough wasted energy around here to power the state of MA for the next twelve months. Workstreams, bureaucracy, last-minute decision making - need I say more?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And don't forget the massive accomplishment of 404,000 views here on CP! Coffee mugs are shipping today!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who ended up buying holly springs, or did it go to GSK by default. Will GSK keep flu employees onboard?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Chinese company. Why would they keep them? They aren't keepong anyone else?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is not true, there is no chinese company buying holly springs, hahahaha!

The reason they would keep them is because the plant is required by the US government to be staffed and to operate, which requires process support and technical development at many levels.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it will get to 500,000 views before upper managemnt gets around to sharing the good news. Why do you think people come here for information?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No Chinese? I must had them mixed up with the other 100s of millions that have cum in your daughter's month.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kum Sung Yung Gy

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody else hearing first week of November for an announcement?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing directly, but some very very very clear signs that something is coming soon. Soon as in before the holidays vs. the end of Q1 2015 that we're also hearing from certain folks.

I think a lot of the messages people are hearing are confused between the likely time period of the close vs. when the first likely wave of cuts will happen. Whenever this is announced as closed, it will take at least 2-3 months before any first line of cuts happen. I think it is very likely early Nov for a close and then a small round of cuts come Feb as someone else mentioned several posts ago. Very few people will still be here past July 1st 2015, barring some unforeseen holdup.

I have been preparing myself with job applications, networking and financially for a Dec 1st cut-loose date for some time now. The longer it lasts, the better.

BTW, for those out on the job hunt, keep looking. With it now being Oct. 2nd, you have about 1.5 months to go before we hit the time of year when hardly any company hires new personnel due to end-of-year budget constraints and Thanksgiving/Christmas.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The GSK CP boards also say it will close in early Nov.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They also think that we are Palin / White Trash / Reality show no talent losers.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

God willing! End this misery already, give us our sh*t, and let us gallop off to greener pastures! I think all of the wasted energy previously mentioned is to see how much agony people can endure before they quit, which works to their advantage in that there are that many fewer packages they'll have to pay out and make good on.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very, very likely, announcement within next week, ...GSK deal closure by the end of the year! Flu franchise will be kept by Novartis and will be part of either Pharma or Sandoz...until it can be sold.
    The issue is that not many (if any) want to stay in/be part of flu, ...obviously, due to its bright and promising future.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recent GSK conference call said merger will commence mid January or as late as June. Depends on FTC approval. Most Novartis employees will get position with GSK though might have to move.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And all Global Heads of some very imprortant shit wil be promoted.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this statement about flu based on good intelligence or is it a best guess assumption?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting to hear the details of the Lilly animal unit close. They are keeping on all R&D staff and keeping all the projects forward while moving HQ to basel.

A glimmer of hope for the future of the vaccines division.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Animal health was profitable. Vaccines is not and by a large margin. GSK is not going to carry a $600M+ a year operating loss out of goodwill. Vaccines was so bad for so long, we were lucky Novartis kept funding this failed operation for as long as they did.

Business is not a charity

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No guess!