Three Types of Bosses That Should Be Fired

Discussion in 'Centocor Ortho Biotech' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2011 at 3:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Smartest Guy in the Room

This is the guy who has all the answers and can never, ever be wrong. He doesn't just breathe his own fumes or drink his own Kool-Aid, he makes and mass-markets it, as well. He wants everyone to agree with his grandiose vision of how things should be and makes sure of that by surrounding himself with yes-men and women and ruthlessly beating down dissenting views.

The reason these people fail is they're blinded by the power of their own vision and therefore lack objectivity. They tend to be rigid and inflexible in their thinking and unwilling to see what's really happening until it's too late. Unfortunately, markets don't behave according to anyone's plan. They're populated by competitors and customers with free will and have a funny way of determining their own outcome.

It's All About Me

Some people never grow up but get stuck in one phase or another of human development. They look just like normal adults, but inside, they're petulant, narcissistic children with oversized egos. Since their overriding goal is to get attention, to be adulated and worshipped by all, they're often charismatic and charming, almost chameleon-like in the way they appeal to all sorts of constituents. And their positions and strategies can flip and flop from one day to the next based on one data point, meeting, or conversation.

While a healthy ego is necessary and good for leaders, business isn't really about any particular individual. It's about meeting customer needs, achieving long-term growth and success for shareholders and employees, and being passionate about your products and services. People who think free market capitalism is about selfish greed couldn't be more wrong. Every company, board, CEO, executive team, serves its stakeholders and constituents. If it doesn't, it'll fail.

The Has-Been

We may as well call him by his name, Peter, because this person is more or less defined by the Peter Principle. Peter was once effective and successful; at least it appeared that way. But the situation had a narrow set of boundaries and variables and now, things have changed and Peter is out of his depth, beyond his level of competency.

Perhaps he was promoted, the company grew, the market changed, or he's now in a new position in a new company. Regardless of the circumstances, Peter is no longer effective and his inability to see or believe it renders him toxic to the organization. For whatever reason, Peter lacks the ability to grow, scale, or adapt. And since he's still in a position of power and authority, he's not just an old relic, but a heavy anchor around the company's neck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or they can all be just one person.........Logan

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome JBI management. This must be a prerequisite for being a manager here as even recruiters are well aware of what the industry thinks of our management...not much

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Add a fourth. Any of the Centacor Managers. What a band of unprofessional, self absorbed poo flingers. Honestly I have never seen such a group of haters anywhere. They are void of talent and are amongst the most bragadocious dirt bags you will find anywhere. Tell me Mr Centacor what did you do that was ever so valuable that you think you are a god?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you got it backwards. We are the reason you get a paycheck. Your idea of a sales organization looks more like a Ford dealership. Go back to selling cars.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lint is the destruction of many a motor. If it fails to rain it is probably because the hair of the orange broke down.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take your medication Mr Rob Brussel!. Oh wait, that is how you normally are. Tell me about the rabbits George...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Bad rabbits make bad salespeople, so their children are hungry. Plus they get eaten."

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The worst kind of manager: The one who is scared to death of you finding out the truth about him. That he feeds male reps to his wife. The kind of men his wife likes, who took a midnight dip in the hot tub with her at P club. Read this quick. It will be gone soon.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing gone is the old guard. They almost killed this company and MH is setting it straight now.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me? They made this company. MH is mean and clueless. This company succeeds despite her because there are still enough of the "old guard" left to keep things limping along. Don't worry though she'll be long gone when her true impact hits.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rob had to go. The company was tired of watching Haebig abuse his little buddy that much. SH was having his way with JBI, and still is.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

She has her RBD henchmen, thought.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I know is that it is a great day to be selling Cimzia.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

None of these bosses will be fired. Why? Becuase his subordinates are weak, whiny, sniveling cowards who are too afraid to take action. A smart subordinate would be wirking to take his boss's job instead of waiting for him to get fired and replaced with a clone.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet you didn't get that starting position in little league so you you pronounce the coach as an idiot. The world is filled with people who like to spray their venom at others who actually do the work. Maybe you were raised by liberal parents who were also scorned and your just rolling the rock down the hill. Go write a book on fixing the world or better yet go make your calls and help patients which is what your paid to do.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did the same person post for 15 & 16? There is a way to read these and pull IPN for the poster. To the person that posted these two, if I know who you are don't you think leadership does too? And you wonder why they give you shit and mess with your bonus.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im sceeered.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They should post your name here and you would sheeeeet.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am leadership, you moron. You are being watched.