EVERY NOVEN REP NEEDS TO READ THIS!!!

Discussion in 'Noven Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not trying to start a fire. I am only going to tell you about the impending s#"t storm that is soon approaching the company. If you haven't read the bonus payout, it might be a good time to study it, as it changes daily. See Minivelle is doing much better than expected. To a point where some reps were trending to make 6 figure bonuses, and a big portion of the reps make nothing!... "Make Nothing?!" you ask. "But I look at the contest numbers every week and I'm trending over 100% of goal. How's that possible?" One would think that if the reps are doing well selling, then the company is doing well, and everyone is holding hands rejoicing to the sounds of Kumbaya...???..... Read on:

"Congratulations for exceeding your goal. You are an asset to this company and have made this new product launch a huge success. Thank you. We made a sales goal and you exceeded it. We are happy to pay you what we setup as our bonus structure...".... Um..No.... Noven wants to make sure that they aren't going to be paying out big bonuses. Now, there's no way to completely eliminate some big bonuses, but they can make that 6 figure bonus become a 5 figure bonus quite easily. And for some of you who think you're making a bonus, well, you have some surprises waiting for you when payout in May arrives.

Here's how it works. You get a few thousand dollars for hitting 100% of goal. Sounds good right? Then the goal works to about $800 for every percent you are over 100% of goal. So, one would tend to think a few thousand for reaching goal and then another.... say $8k for reaching 110% of goal. Decent money for getting to 110%. A LOT of reps are under the impression they are going to make that money at 110%, and they would be dead wrong!!!. See the company is adjusting the baseline of what is actually goal depending on how it performs throughout Q1. Basically, the better the company does, the more money you lose the higher you go over goal. So, Noven is now trending Minivelle at 125% (company wide) of initial launch projections (and possibly much higher before it's all said and done). That means if you finish Q1 at 124% of goal you make a whopping........ NOTHING! Yes, NOTHING! What happens is 125% is now your baseline and it moves up from there. So now, you would have to do 135% of goal to make the same money you would have made at 110%.... Yes, the better we do selling, the better the company does over its initial baseline projections, and the more money you lose!....

I know what you are thinking.... How does this make any sense? It seems to go against any rational sales thinking, right?.... Well, it gets BETTER!...

Remember how I said that for every percent over 100 (or now 125) you make an additional $800? Well, it seems like the geniuses at corporate decided to change that up. Btw, the bonus states that the company has the right to change the bonus structure at any time without any notice, and apparently even after the quarter is over. So what they did is capped the uncapped bonus by reducing the $800 as the percent over 125 (the new 100%) goes up. I don't have exact numbers, but for example purposes, once you get to 130% your $800 per percent drops to $500, and so on and so forth.

I'm interested to hear feedback. Initially, I expect reps will not believe this post, but reality will set in once you study the updated bonus structure in the manual. There will definitely be tension at the NSM as there are 10 or 15 of the top performing reps who stand to lose a lot of money, and a huge percentage of the sales force that expects to make a bonus, and in reality, will make nothing. No doubt the exec's will have to throw some slide-show together to confuse most reps even more on how it will be paid out. Unfortunately, come the end of May there will be hell to pay.

So, it comes down to this: The company will end up doing the right thing, and paying what was initially promised, and stop the deception and lies.... Or: They could do nothing with a, "if you don't like it then leave!" attitude, which everyone loves. But that will eventually lead to a lawsuit. Or they will state that they had to do this because financially they cannot afford to pay these type bonuses, which leads to another lawsuit, which they'll have to prove the financial burden. I guess there will be other options, but I'll let the readers decide on that.

I do think it is important for you to understand the bonus before the NSM and talk to your DM about what his or her understanding of the bonus was, and how much that has changed since January 2nd. Good luck everyone. I'm set to make almost nothing on this change in bonus if my sources on this matter are correct. But I do hope I'm wrong and this ends positively. Do your homework and ask questions. Good luck!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of your numbers are a a bit off! Actually, you under-estimated how big a deal this is going to be. I know the truth and you will soon. Not going to be pretty for certain. Some people put themselves in bad situations that they are not going to be able to talk their way out of......

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CAN YOU SAY CLUSTER F#*K!? That's what the National Sales Meeting will be. Kathy K needs to hide under a rug. What a joke company! I'LL BUY THAT FOR $1.00!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company needs to do the right thing and pay the reps what they were told they would be paid! DO THE RIGHT THING! It will only make the company more successful in the long run. Doing business this way (changing the IC after the quarter is over) will only destroy it!... Or is that your intention? Golden parachutes? One has to wonder?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no trust now. How can you believe anything anyone at this company ever says again? Thieves and Liars!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've worked at companies where I have seen reps get screwed over for complete BS. I've worked at a company where the bottom 20% got screwed over and axed for unfortunately having crappy formulary in their state. But I have never worked at a company, nor ever heard of a company screwing over their top 20 reps who absolutely blew out their sales numbers. That is a new one on me! Gotta be some smart ones working at the top of this organization. You know how you sometimes watch the news and see some crazy guy who went postal and wonder what it was that drove him/her to that point??? They must have worked for a company like Noven!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not work at Noven but have a close personal friend who does. This person showed me the bonus payout sheet last night. I had to come here to see what was being said cause I honestly didn't believe it. I've been in sales all my professional life and have never seen a sales team get as deceived and as yours. If I have this right, a rep that made 300% of goal gets $180.00 more than a rep who did 120%!? You get paid $1.00 for each percent over 120%? That is the craziest payout I have ever seen. How many reps did more than 120%? Do they have people too scared to speak up? Every company has the "we can change the payout at anytime" thing but this is pure incompetence on a historic scale. You take care of your top producers. I told my friend to look for another job. Heck, if you've got sales numbers showing 150% or better with a new product launch there is a company out there that wants you.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the part time reps!!!! We only got .50 cents for each % over 120!!!! What garbage!!!! Why don't the jerk executives show up with rolls of quarters at the meeting on Monday and hand me a couple and thank me for how well I did!!!! I'm outta here!!!! I'm also going to make sure I let my providers know that Mini is identical to VVD and that VVD is generic at the end of the year, so you won't need to worry about a damn copay card!!!! Generic!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello,

Original Poster here.

Well, what do you say? Obviously, the s#"t storm I predicted has approached. Sorry I was off with my original payout numbers... Guess I underestimated how much the top producers would get screwed over by the goons at corporate. The inside info I was getting changed from day-to-day, so I had to make a post with what I had at the time. The numbers changed as the finance dept had to continually adjust the numbers to make sure they got their money. Eventually it got to a point where they decided to just say, "we are not going to pay these kind of bonuses, period!" I think everyone realizes that the $1.00 thing is a disgusting way of saying that the IC was not capped. Honestly, it's so embarrassing that I still keep wondering if it's a nightmare that I'll wake up from. So, now you are receiving your Q2 IC plan. I'm sure your managers are trying their best to be positive about payout? Kind of hard to believe anything they say now, huh? Think you're going to see a real lack of production moving forward. How can anyone be motivated when, 1) The top reps got screwed, 2) The reps who did better than 100% of their original goal, but didn't do better than the adjusted 133%, will make nothing... and got screwed, 3) The reps who didn't make goal will have the attitude of why work harder when you know you'll get screwed.

Many people are talking and most people are pissed. The meeting will be interesting, to say the least. I expect it to be quiet, as most of us plan to start interviewing and play "the roll" until we leave. But I sure do hope for 3 days of fireworks!!!!!!!!! Good luck to you with whatever you choose. You can argue all pharmaceutical companies are scum, but I've not seen it on this scale. So I can't see myself here any longer than the next job offer. There are plenty of jobs out there people if you'll just look. Don't let these idiots scare you.

BTW, to the last post........ The roll of quarters comment was priceless. I'm still laughing!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you have to wonder if there is more to it than what we are being told. Is the company near financial collapse? If that is the case I'd like to know so I can start looking. I think that is fair. Well, maybe fair is the wrong word to use now.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Turnover is about to be a big part of this sales force. It has already started - look on the companies job openings. Another great rep is gone...so, managers get ready for interviewing reps that will not have the relationships like the ones you are screwing. The top district blew the numbers out of the water. How was this done? Anyone willing to shed the light? They screwed everyone's bonus and the company just looks the other way. I guess when you brown nose the national sales manager you get your way and have inside knowledge. This national sales meeting will be a joke and the company knows it. I can't wait till Wednesday night. A waste of time and money that could be put back into the reps pockets that deserve it but because of this stupid bonus structure the reps won't get it. So much for working hard and busting my butt. I truly do work hard. Why now. I guess I will enjoy the meeting and start the search. It's party time in Miami.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed!...

Not going to clap, not going to play the part of the rep who loves their job, and definitely not going to hold back if someone from corporate asks me how I'm doing. With that said, I won't be an asshole because I'm better than the jerks who run this carnival act. I can tell you this though, it will be my last meeting with this company. If you are a salesperson with any ethics, how could you stay here. I work hard and I have sacrificed for this company. I have done my job the right way and never asked for more than I was promised. This is how they repay us!! What SCUM!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondering if anyone knows if any our friends from Hisamitsu will be at the meeting? I was always under the impression that the Japanese live by a thing called "honor." I would be interested in what their thoughts would be on how the salesforce has been deceived and lied to during the Mini launch.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many "I'm just happy to have a job" idiots will we hear from this week? I would look to replace anyone with that attitude in sales. Can you say anything more stupid in a sales job? Shows no desire or motivation. You work in sales to make money... period! And if you work hard and are good at it, make lots of money. If you are good you will have no problem finding work elsewhere.

As a reminder. The Q1 bonus was uncapped! LOL

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Start looking!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is so depressing to work for a company where no one wants to hear what the sales force needs and wants. Everyone just plays the game of smiling and saying everything's great to the NSM and those above because we all know ... that the next helpful suggestion of how to improve the company ... could be our last. This company spends needless dollars on meetings like the current one and endless worthless role playing when the real problem is that no one wants to fix the problems...which are plentiful. We know how to sell! Obviously! We as a nation were way above projections. Even though 50% of the company will not receive a penny for being at 100%. Wow...we are motivated now! Noven needs to spend their money where it will do the most good ...the reps...not time wasting, role-playing meetings. Think about the future of Noven before it's too late!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's too late. Just have fun at the meeting. Find some guy or girl to have sex with and look for a job come Thyrsday.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thursday. Sorry for the typo.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Andy,

You left out a lot with your presentation. But thanks for the feel good talk. There is a reason why generics are growing. Several actualy. Less RD from drug makers today. Never going to see it like it was in the 90's when there was a new drug launch everyday. Also patents expire and drugs go generic. Not new. Patients want cheap. The FDA also is not giving free passes anymore. A product has to actually work today, which is bad news for the future of LDMP.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone like the lightheartedness of some of the exec when giving excuses about the bonus? Yeah, CM, I'm talking about you. Giggling and snickering about how they never expected some of the numbers that came in. Then saying that the bonus structure is exactly as it was at launch and that they just didn't show it going past 120% cause they never expected to get that high. Really CM? You really think that anyone thinks the bonus was originally set up to pay $1 for anyone who did better than 120%? You, ma'am, are either kept in the dark or a complete LIAR! How dare you say to us that there are several reps who did better than the ones in our group. Like I care that someone lost more than me. That really makes me feel better. Keep em coming Noven!

Lets go through this:

- Multiple people at the launch stood on stage and said the bonus was uncapped... LIE
    - Everyone in sales, including EVERY district manager was under the impression (because you led us to believe) that the payout was $850 for each percent over 100% (adjusted). And that if the bonus was uncapped, it continued to infinity... TRUTH
    - You continue to say it is the original bonus plan... LIE
    - You think that the unrest you created from paying $1 to your top reps is just going to "go away"... YOU"RE STUPID
    - In the long run, your deception and continued lies will only hurt you more financially than help... FACT
    - Talking about how much we can make in Q2 is some kind of motivator... SERIOUSLY, DO I EVEN NEED TO COMMENT??? YES... YOU ARE MORONS. NO ONE BELIEVES A WORD ANY OF YOU SAY ANYMORE.
    - The top reps will jump ship at the first opportunity... FACT
    - Every rep left the launch meeting under the impression that VVD was to be phased out by years end, the copay card program was guaranteed for a minimum 2 years, and that we would have plenty of samples.... FACT, when it actually was a COMPLETE LIE (thanks for setting your reps up for failure and credibility issues)