Dear Actavis and Goodbye WC

Discussion in 'Warner Chilcott' started by Anonymous, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To whom it may concern,

Over my three and half year stint at WC, I was paid rather well, treated okay and promoted up the ranks to District Manager. Looking back on the experience it was packed full of promotional dinners, extravagant lunches, speaker programs, a president that didn't even wear a suit to meetings not to mention the legal depositions in regards to Atelvia.

In hindsight, I should have left a long time ago all the while hoping that things might change for the better. Thankfully during my time as a rep, I had a fantastic boss that came from Proctor and Gamble who I am still very close with to this day. He was the only thing that kept me from leaving when I should have. Then I worked for Amber B and shortly there after Mike Mohan. Amber had no business managing people and really to her defense should have never been placed in a position where she would have failed so miserably. Mohan, he is untrustworthy, only cares about himself and "his wife" which he made very clear in DM meetings and what's even more sad is that he thinks people actually think he's doing a good job. Even though his fellow DM's which he sees as friends, say things I wouldn't dream of saying about anyone let alone my boss or a friend. He is 28 and again, has no business or experience in running a whole country. Nor does he have the ability to teach or train a team of DM's. One of WC's misfortunes is they promote but do not offer the adequate training to make people successful so undoubtedly they fail when they don't have to.

Over time my hope began to dwindle so therefore I began looking elsewhere. It wasn't until I was offered a position with a fortune 500 company that I realized how WC treats their employees compared to other companies. I compare it to a dysfunctional relationship. The other person makes you feel like you are worthless, beats down your self esteem, makes you feel as though you are incompetent and after a while you start to believe them. Now once again, I could have left a long time ago and that is my fault entirely. I interviewed with my new company after they went through about 20 candidates and they chose me. I couldn't believe how scared I was to venture out because I truly believed that I had lost my stride, I was terrible at my job and didn't know how to do what I've been doing since college. Well, how wrong I was. Not only did I get a new job, they matched my DM salary, offered me 5 weeks of vacation, a pension plan and job security to the max. So, my hope is that all of the WC employees that feel as though they might not know what else is out there...let me tell you, you will be pleasantly surprised.

I thank WC for the time but I give strong advice. You cannot treat your employees like slaves, you cannot expect them to give up their lives to work for people that lead by fear. You cannot expect them to stand up with their heads held high when they are being pulled into litigation rooms or constantly having to fight managed care battles. Please, wake up WC! I am treated with respect, and lead by gratitude now as well as fully supported and feel as though I can ask anyone for help if I need it. I thank you WC for giving me the job experience in Pharma to get me to this next position and I hope my friends and co workers are treated fairly in the buy out. Best of luck and I think this merger will be in the best interest of the employees.

Regards,

A much happier person now that I'm no longer with WC.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

let me guess, your in your 30s and have no Real management experience, hope your next gig isnt big pharma, you will realize you should have stayed with elementary school WC.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said! I too am a DM and am only biding my time here until I can find another job. Mike Mohan is as shady as they come. He thinks we all respect him when all we really do is talk shit about him and his total lack of leadership skills. This company leads by fear and treats their DMs like garbage. I like the majority of my reps and resent having to micromanage their call activity even when their numbers are good. Can't wait to get out of here.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Promoted to manager in 3 1/2 years?!?! OMG this company is such a JOKE!!!!! At a real company a promotion requires many years of multiple award winning sales. Then, perhaps a year or two inside, like sales training or Marketing. Then, another year in a management training program with a virtual team. Even the brightest take at least seven to eight years. A strong year or two does NOT qualify you to call yourself a good pharma rep (especially in this company), let alone ready to manage. How embarrassing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Over my three and half year stint at WC, I was paid rather well, treated okay and promoted up the ranks to District Manager."

The above is the OPs first sentence, is indicative of the joke that this company is. He also mentioned that he had very little leadership training. Warner Chilcott hires very, very young reps with little to no experience of any kind, let alone pharma sales, and loses most within six months. Those that are promoted to DM, are promoted on average in less than 18months, then given a few days of DM training, where as in most drug companies you are a rep for several years, then trained for several more in leadership, then MAYBE promoted to DM.

WC is a joke, all of the sales leaders, including the 30 year old Directors, are inexperienced and untrained leadership, and only know the pathetic WC way of "leading"; ie fear and "reps are like soccer balls" comment. When Lenny made that comment, and trained his DMs on it, he was heralded as a hero, he would have been fired for that comment alone, any place else.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WC has one of the highest if not highest attrition rates of any company out there. Consequently, they fire everyone before they have a chance to develop thus resulting in very young and inexperienced managers. Makes sense.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A precisely why this model is unsustainable. The leaders are taking the money and running, laughing straight to the bank when this place implodes next month.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more with the original post. I was publicly ridiculed by a DM on a recent ride along. The DM has been a manager for a few weeks, mind you. It was so "public" that a stranger sitting near us came over to me when the DM went to the restroom to express how "horrible" they thought the treatment was. Stranger said, "You need to run from this job....it's not worth it." True story.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is true, you need to report this incident in detail to the Regional and to HR. THis should not happen in any company no matter what the circumstances. The DM's should be fair and consistent even during stressful times like these.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

must be stressful, as so many of our companies sales reps are fat asses, especially the women.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does WC even have HR?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes HR is alive and well, everyone will get know us well, especially the folks on disability.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the low performers should be the first to go.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I highly respect my DM. They have not only taught me useful selling skills but encouraged me to do as well as I am through praise and equal respect. Not fear. If you are a good person and treat your reps with respect, they will work their ass off for you. Whatever is in store for us in the future, I know that my manager, most of my team and myself will be just fine. We are successful and driven and will continue to thrive with this company or any other company that is smart enough to welcome us aboard.

15. pgformer

pgformer Guest

For the billionth time, the company is ProctEr and Gamble, not ProctOr and Gamble. I know it's a small thing, but it is the right thing to get the name of a company right when you're referring to them. Seems much more professional.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find it interesting that you complain that they beat down your self esteem and yet you bash other people by name and don't even sign your name. Although people that know you could put the clues together and figure out who you are. Regardless, bashing others for all to see is simply unprofessional.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company was a horrendous joke. I often told recruiters to not even call me if the company was WC. No way in hell I would work for such a PIECE OF SHIT run company. No ethics whatsoever. I work for what use to be a competitor and I fully understand why Actavis gave you all a token interview and then proceeded to not hire one damn freak from your company. You got what you deserved.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol it looks like someone's Yaz share took a beating.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like a shit stain WC rep is worried about a rep that still works for an intact company.