Shire

Discussion in 'NPS Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jun 1, 2014 at 6:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone notice the news story about Shire's interest in purchasing NPS? Looks like the same situation that went on when Shire bought out Viropharma.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great fit for Shire....this WILL happen

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet Francois is the CEO of the combined organization, could be great for NPS'ers

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would bet that Shire would remove the CEO of their $25Billion corporation to make Francois the new CEO. I like Francois, but why would they do that? You think Francois could displace the CEO of the acquirer? Right...

There will be nothing left of NPS if the merger happens. NPSers will do well with their options, Francois will ride off into the sunset with his many millions.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NPS is certainly an acquisition target, but it would be odd to strike a deal prior to the NATPARA FDA advisory panel scheduled for July.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire would control the deal like they did with Viropharma. The Shire CEO is entirely sales focussed, will cut R&D spend, and it will be good for reps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you crazy????? why would Francois be good for ANY company?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Francois cuts an inspiring figure, I picture him standing on a mountain peak with the sun setting behind him while he gazes at the future. My territory was struggling, he spent five minutes with me. WOW have you ever even heard of a CEO spending time to even talk with a rep ? He is the real deal, great advice, super insights. I love this guy. We should buy Shire and turn it into NPS>

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How concerned should we be? More and more articles discussing. Shire is already battling for and with another company. We finally seem to have some approvals lining up for indication expansions and momentum. No need for this distraction.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe not an issue now. Looks like Abbvie is acquiring Shire for $55 billion. Wonder if Abbvie would consider or another company with too much money.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You described Rambo.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will Shire complete our acquisition before the Abbvie deal closes ?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We think so...FDA will lead the way

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will the Abbvie deal be delayed due to the NPS buyout/Shire merger ?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today Shire announced that they are postponing the Abbvie acquisition while they continue their pursuit of NPS

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire deal may get put on the front burner again. It will be deja vu all over again for the ex-viropharma folks that have been hired lately.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Allergan will come after us !!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard late today that all new hiring will be put on hold. Only do that if we are in active discussions with interested party. In down market today we sky rocketed. Sale of NPS appears to be imminent. Good luck to all.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

October 24 will kick start the sniffing around again. Double coming.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think we will get the $40 which was on table in the past. Should all be done in next 2 - 3 months. For the investors, riches, for the rest of us, unemployment and uncertainty. Sorry.