Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a call regarding a position with Durata. If anyone can please provide comments on this opportunity any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

check out the career posting for position information. Specific details? earn it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Durata is a small startup selling a novel antibiotic. Pay is great but the company is a bit risky, terrific for those looking for a startup culture and want to get away from big pharma. I would not consider this a long term opportunity though. I suggest you do your due diligence around the manager interviewing, in this environment turnover can be high during the first year or two when the weak are weeded out and you will need your managers support.
    Some things to expect:
    Pressure is extremely high if results are not met and the culture can turn quickly, if your sales are less than your salary it's bye bye.
    Earning opportunity for those that do perform can be extremely high
    Off-label sales will be encouraged, a good back up plan if you are not performing is to keep a detailed log of comments or materials given to you that are outside of your label and turn whistleblower to collect 10% of the fine collected by the government. Some signs it's coming
    Statements or info such as we don't have an indication here but are studying it in.....
    Studies and or info that is off label is regularly shared with the field
    Recruitment for studies using commercial drug
    Asked to call on specialties which have nothing to do with your indication

You can thank me later

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh ya right op...sell us that bridge next. liar.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This will be Optimer Pharmaceuticals Part II.

Stage I: Will start with a lot of fanfare and excitement, big promises. Hired guns ready to take on the world.

Stage II: Sales are dismal, a few will make great bonus but many will not. The blame game begins..... The company blames the sales force and claims that many of these hired guns are not as good as they expected and are a bunch of entitled pussies. The sales force blames the company for poor marketing, management, and pricing strategies. Both are correct. Slow uptake of antibiotics, healthcare reform, or poor access are also among the favorite excuses thrown out there.

Stage III: The company realizes that the sales force is costing more to operate than it brings in and the pressures increases on the sales force. Stock options are now under water and turnover becomes rampant and the cycle continues. The company scrambles to find a buyer as the cash begins to run out. Tic-toc tic-toc. Game over

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks 3 and 5. as much as you hate it here, you just made someone else job free and easy. They had a competitive market report due, and you just gave them dirt to elaborate on. Does sharing non public information here make you feel better? It makes them money. Maybe consider venting to a friend.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like it here

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and a new dot com is born! Just go to www.wouldbewhistleblower.com and for $99 you get the full training package on how YOU too can reap millions from turning in YOUR unethical pharma company! We'll teach you how hunt down those 'deleted' emails, how to use your company phone as your own personal surveillance device on getting the goods on your manager, pod mates, marketing personnel, etc.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Durata hired the IRS to manage their email.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The pricing they put on this is a big mistake and we will get very little if any sales at this price, the response from my customers has been very negative, are you seeing the same?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bull Sh$t! 100% rat troll post for competition, looking for pricing details and looking for a clue on customer feedback. No friggin' insider would ever come to the cafe to see if peers are having trouble with pricing; we would call/text someone we WORK with. Sorry you only work with other rats and moles.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would you choose, Durata or IPF market with BI or InterMune?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would choose The Medicines Company, Orbactiv will be only a single dose and will sell at a better price point. Higher base salaries as well as higher bonus, no brainer and some Durata employees have already signed up to go there.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a great drug run by a few morons
    The Graz guy is dumber than a bag of rocks
    Doesn't know buy-n-bill or managed mkts
    Marketing broads don't know their asses from market value
    Only mkt access guy has his sh*t together but heard he's leaving to medicines co
    Time to short this POS and buy MDCO stock

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha! Im looking at the same three opportunities too!

I would go Durata #1. Drug is a slam dunk, not likely to get bought out
    Intermune #2. Great product, fun launch, takeover target, shitty stock package, questionable leadership
    BI #3. Most positions filled internally. BI will pay less and run division with big pharma metrics

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Durata, ha hah hah hah, yes take that one, see how far you get

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the pharmacyclics website? Oh I am sorry.

Same place different spelling

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on!

Run and Run fast.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so what happens to our bonus in the 1st quarter of 2105 when we miss out target in this quarter, the hill only gets steeper as time goes on