Xarelto job

Discussion in 'IQVIA Sales' started by Anonymous, Jul 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received a call for the CV specialty position (selling Xarelto and Invokana) but I've never interviewed with Quintiles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Can someone please give me a quick snapshot of the good and the bad of selling these? I have 8 years of pharma experience including CV and I'm wondering what to expect as far as compensation. Also, are the benefits decent at Quintiles? I got some of the basics from the recruiter but I'm wondering if there's anything I should know about in advance. What's vacation/sick time like there? Thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the contract number?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a call too for Greenville/asheville. Why are they interviewing if contract is ending?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure about contract number.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone get feedback??? Face to face interview ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just accepted a position with Quintiles for the CV position, which is only promoting Xarelto. I was told the contract was "indefinite" and I am a permanent Quintiles employee. Benefits are standard, only 2 weeks of vacation, which is tough because I had 4 weeks with my last company. No company car, but a fair mileage reimbursement rate.

The only downside is maintaining parallel systems in the JNJ world and in the Quintiles world - double the computer time.

Just started home study. The knowledge checks are challenging more so than with my other company, which I left after 10 years.

Salary mid-90's, initial training bonus is $5900 and the overall potential for bonus is probably 35K. The drug has good formulary access and recently surpassed generic Warfarin which is good news. The bad news is calling on cardiologists is tough and access is extremely limited.

If you accept a position at Quintiles you are eligible for positions within Quintiles as well as JNJ so you'll have twice as many opportunities for advancement. Good luck with the interview and I hope this helps.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds better than others. Most are much lower on salary, bonus, and no training bonus.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#6 POSTER: I have been on a janssen contract. Don't get fooled by the noise--THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY TO MOVE UP WITHIN QUINTILES!! You have to wait until your contract ends, be unemployed for however long it may take, until you get picked up by another contract. Janssen is a screwed up company. Spontaneous decisions with no real long term planning. Enjoy. Just saying. Its better than no job, and you won't be working hard once you get out of training.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have to agree that there is no known opportunity to advance within Quintiles, though if you need or want to move there may be much better chances to relocate. They are flexible in that way, but even working overlay for Quintiles, Janssen is much, much more transparent.

The work-life balance thing isn't part of the business model. Your partners get holidays you don't, starting vacation time is less than Janssen and new JnJ/InVentiv contracts, and if you have vacation to use they would rather buy it back at the end of the year. Thankfully Quintiles doesn't frequently panic, project, overanalyze and overreact as much - yet - so some of the fuel for burnout is avoided.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I was contacted by both Quintiles for a Xarelto position (Xarelto only) and JnJ direct hire for Xarelto and possibly a new product (recruiter was not sure exactly if it will added to the bag or not).

What exactly is the difference in pay, bonus and benefits with Quintiles vs JnJ for the same exact products?

Never worked for a contract comp before, but from what I've read, it seems much less micromanagement and field rides with manager. These are the main 2 reasons I want to leave my current position.

So what exactly is the pay for Xarelto with Quintiles?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is blood oozes from walls