Side Effects of Selling Prolia

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jan 8, 2011 at 12:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hair loss, divorce, upset stomach, depression, insominia------all due to the pressure of Amgen to sell Prolia! Please add your side effects.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stomach Ulcer, no bonus and a fucking iPad.

I don't know what is worse, the micromanaging or listening to my district mates that have more tenure than me bitch about the micromangement.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never seen a more misguided MICROMANAGED bunch of SHIT in my entire LIFE much less career. We get field rides it seems like weekly, scrutinized. HANDS on 24 hours a day roughly 6 days a week. for what to get screwed on sales into other areas in your territory that don't even have to leave the house??? PRICELESS.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you would sell more drug then we wouldnt need to ride along. Duh. Go sell!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you dumb shit wanna be , its because there are 75 mgr's with 450 Plus reps you do the math genius.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are hired to sell. So start producing and you will see differences from management.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You and I know that is total BS , you need to cross your T's and dot your Eyes for your wittle FCR.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cuz as we all know, ride alongs = sales.

Please stick to monitoring calls per day and target lists.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THe problem is we are making the calls but it is slow and Inj Net is going to be key but very slow to build!

Stress, sleeping pills.....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

extreme fatigue from first 6 months and anxiety due to lack of consistent reimbursement from medicare.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"consistent reimbursement for medicare." I would kill to HAVE fee for service medicare. Try selling this puppy in a territory with less than 10% Fee for service medicare when that was the only payor this launch really supported(kinda). 95% of my syringes needed a prior auth. Tough sell, but getting there.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry guys, I am an ex Novartis employee, and the only reason Prolia has a slow uptake is that it just doesn't offer anything that Reclast doesn't. Step back, take an honest look at both products and ask yourself, what would you take. If you say Prolia than you are a fool.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see that you answer your own questions. That way, you have both ends of the matter covered.

For the intelligent, Denosumab (Prolia and Xgeva) sales are and will be slow building, based on last quarter sales. I don't care how it gets there, just that it does.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And I hope it get there before we start getting black box warnings. Thanks RegSafety

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well....J lenzo is OUT now (replaced with SS). Its a pretty clear sign for next days to come for Helen T.

Maybe new leadership will change the direction and moral somewhat!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually, ride alongs don't equal sales. All it does is cause dissention, mistrust and rife. Reps HATE their managers but have to tolerate them. This is not what we signed up for. Reps are fed up with it, but be stubborn and keep it up... the competiton is loving it!

Because of this my days are mostly spent looking for a new job. That is, when I don't have a ride along.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am amazed at all of you! Do any of you really know what you are doing??? Do any of you realize the poison that you are pedaling. I think it should be mandatory that all of you take the drugs you are selling. Especially the person that was sooo big on Reclast. That particular poison took the life of my father 2 months ago. I'd like to see you volunteer to put that poison in your veins, and then live with the consequences, and the fact that you can do NOTHING about it!

Step back, grow a conscience. I know this is your livelihood, but you are selling lies!!!!

Think for a minute...this is death and pain, go on the internet and see what your victims, the poor people that trust their doctors to tell them what is best for them, see what they have to say about these drugs... Don't go on the Companies site. Go to any site and look for side effects of these drugs, and look on the discussion board, and read.

Grow a heart, PEOPLE!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say, make everyone who produces these drugs try them on themselves first--since they are also used to PREVENT osteoporosis, then try them out on the sales people. Let them all decide just how good Reclast and Prolia are after they have all suffered excruciating pain, renal failure, bone spurs, femur breaks, Osteonecrosis of the jaw, and deaths. I think that sounds like a great idea!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know, folks are researching prolia for input from those who have had the shot and pull up this kind of input. Real people with severe osteoporosis, making very difficult decisions, people who experience real pain, whose quality of life could be forever changed.

And your posts indicate that you are pushing this drug with no knowledge of osteoporosis. Seems you don't care what happens to the human beings who take this drug as long as you meet your quota.

That is so sad and makes me, for one, leery of taking this drug. What else is Amgen hiding about Prolia? Is your paycheck and the stock market the bottom line? Do you not care about the human beings who take prolia???? Please, understand how your actions affect the lives of others!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say amen to the last 3 posts.

This is not a game, you are playing with reals lives.

Do any of you pharma reps. know what you are selling, or are you just spewing the lines they tell you to say in training classes.

It is a great idea that all sales reps. be required to take these drugs before they can talk to the Doctors. Let's see how big you are on these drugs after you have enjoyed the wonderful side effects...

I also think that all management and R&D take them too. That would be one way to create openings within the Company, because of the absentees due to debilitating pain , and the fatalities that come with these drugs.