Worst Culture Ever?

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, May 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Company adds more products takes away more people and all that happen are mistakes, lies, and lack of transparency.

This place is doomed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tough place to work. Agreed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Valeant mantra according to Mike Pearson: "NO price hike is unsustainable". MP, your strategy is finally washed up

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Orapharma is in a free fall. Matt is panicking and taking it out on AMs and RMs. Never the fault of poor resources, low support, crappy launches, products failure, or lack of solid leadership.

Products are good, leadership and "true" core values stink.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know two people who are on plans. i'm shocked they have shared it with people. numbers were in the low 60's for q1&2. Sold no ez white. it seems logical to me since my numbers will go up because those people can't sell. been working in phrma for a long time and its a shame that people still complain when they can't be successful. good luck finding a job elsewhere that pays a bonus. I know I and other feel the same way. Double my salary and give me the territory next to mine. I can kill it even with twice the area.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely agree with this post. If you were great with Arestin, but struggle to sell more than one product, you're days are numbered. Why is that so hard to understand? Do some of you Arestin Dynamos think that Arestin alone will be enough over time?

We are hired/paid to sell multiple products. If you can't rationalize that, then its time to go sell some Listerine.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never had the guts to post on this site but kudos to the above posts. I would normally visit this site to make myself feel better that people were complaining. I think it makes those that are doing well feel better about our own performance. I have been here for a little while and very happy. Not to say there have not been challenges, but I am much happier here than in some of my previous positions. I have seen a lot of people make really good bonus and I am scared this will go away if the company is not successful with other products. I hear the grumblings from my colleagues every time my manager talks expectations with the other products and being better balanced and I just bite my lip. Most people are clueless about how bad it is at other companies. I was president club 3 years at my old company. I was downsized and it took me 3 jobs to find this one. You can't find many jobs that pay well if you are experienced. No one wants to hire someone with a high salary and 10 years experience. We should stop complaining, pointing the finger and figure out how to be successful. We have great products and great people and I want to stay here. So for those bitching all the time, stop making it bad for the rest of us. Your lack of focus is affecting all of those that take this job seriously.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Such a newbie thing to add. You're undoubtedly too new and fragile to see the forest through the trees. I don't know anyone on plan but have had true friends get pressured out of this company. One was on plan and got let go. That AM gave a good chunk of his professional life to this company and for you or anyone else to think that operations or MC's direction of this company didn't have an effect is ludicrous!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The last post doesn't speak for a larger part of the company. Intelligent sales reps know that managers don't spend their days trying to push anyone out of the company. My experience sees the opposite. Based on the previous comment, I assume all sales reps are created equal and that my success has only come because operations and mc have allowed it. I guess I should reach out to mc and thank him for all of the lunches and calls he made for me over the years. You're an idiot!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

interesting how MC can not get products or people moving in right direction. Is anyone following him?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. The above poster!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The comment didn't mention managers pushing anyone out, idiot!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At what point does senior management get called out for their screwups?

Onset - the textbook WORST launch ever. No resources, no organized marketing - no spellcheck on resources.

EZ White - where do we start on this one? Too many missteps to count.

Benco - first we're selling against them, now we're selling with them. Leadership has given no direction on how to collaborate in an efficient way.

Arestin Rx. Goals that are ridiculous to attain.

Five years might be enough for me here. Are there others that would gladly take my position? Absolutely. But we have become a shitstain on the Valeant underwear, expected to grow grow grow with little to no resources to accomplish this. Management is fatigued - take a good look at your RM and see if they look happy.

Done.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

great recap.

Matt has completely run this into the ground. Comp plan and goals are so complicated they cannot even be explained by Steve Sembler.

Enough is enough!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe we will now get sold to a company that is a better run than Valeant? We have to hope they leave MC behind if that happens

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do we get the week b/w Xmas and NY off or not? I've heard yes and I've heard no

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not in the business of handouts so expect to work. It's actually the opposite, They want more from us without having to pay for it. I hear that a tracking app is coming soon after a company provided phone for us. It's going to be presented to us a good thing for us but it will be used to track our time of entering and leaving the field as well as accurate mileage.

Here's where a Manager will say, "If you're doing what we pay you for throughout an 8 hour day, you have nothing to worry about." An 8-hour day.

When I went on a field ride to get this job with the regional trainer, we both laughed at how no sales reps in pharma ever work as much as a 6 hour day. She told me that we could make our 8 calls in 3 to 4 hours then go home and still be successful. She was right! Hallelujah to my Pharmacy dollars!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't these people here realize that not being tracked is one of the only good things remaining about this job? If I start to have to get timestamps for everything that I'm doing that's just another reason for me to try to get out of this place as soon as possible.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean other than the lack of bonus dollars and mismanagement aren't enough for you? I just started looking and there's a lot of good jobs with good companies out there. Not a bad time to start looking.