Better Laid Off

Discussion in 'Galderma' started by Anonymous, Jul 3, 2014 at 9:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone keep in touch with those laid off from Dec? From what I understand, many are doing quite well and got 50K+ to find another job. I've never wanted to be let go but it seems like everyone who was is doing quite well. Celgene, Med device, Humira, etc..

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct many of the people who have left not just from December but from the last two years are doing very well. Better pay, better work life balance, better growth opportunities.

It is good to get a severance and then a fresh start at companies that are growing. Not much fun to be at companies like Galderma, Leo etc that are in decline with over inflated quotas , bad marketing plans and with quotas that cannot be reached.

Grass much greener at other organizations at the present time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The grass is actually greener where you water it. Yes, I left Galderma on my own accord semi-recently, and my new position has much more attainable goals, higher bonus payouts, ect.

But for those of you still at the mothership, keep in mind all of the good things you have and take full advantage while you have it, namely the benefits program and especially the 401K (which is really impossible to beat). There are pros and cons to everything in life, and life at Uncle G ain't so bad

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True great benefits, but for how long? I Still think based on the current produces both in Rx and in Aesthetics we still need more Rx development and innovative products. Without that the long term here does not exist.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like for example????????

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well if you have to ask then you have not networked with former employees and or the recruiters for the open positions at these organizations are not interested in you. Keep the faith.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obvious you are simply blowing a lot of hot air. No examples. Typical of someone simply trying to stir the pot of disgruntledness with no substance to back it up.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not hot air at all- many companies and many former Galderma sales and marketing people are with other organizations and either launching new products and or about to. That is a fact not hot air. You simply are out of the loop and are simply fishing for who these companies and former employees are.

Keep trying, but facts are facts and there are many opportunities in derm at the current time but the openings are either filling up fast and or have been filled.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was not laid off but left this last year. Best decision ever. It was good while it lasted at galderma. My new company respects others and it's not about the good boys in Texas. The grass is greener where you water it as other post said. I also think there's a lot more potential and opportunities in other companies.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Especially for women

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Other companies; these companies; better opportunities; grass is greener over there; etc, etc, etc..." Vague wishes. No specifics. What a bunch of hot air losers, making up a fantasy world of abundant opportunities, lavish compensations, respectful doting over new rep hires. You should start a "reality" show with all this creative fiction.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Celgene, Novartis, Janssen, dental, med device, laser sales. Have fun kissing ass at home office.. Glad I'm not there and happy I went to a company above.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also,

A few of the smaller derm companies that have not been eaten up by the bigger fish as well.

Why our HR and home office department acts like Galderma is the only company out there is beyond me. Tons of former Galderma people got back on track very quickly and some of the folks that left a few years ago are already being promoted again in their new companies. The only real BS on this site is the stuff coming from our own home office telling us everything is great and that this is the only place you can work in pharma, medical devices and or derm for that matter. Keep networking with former Galderma people and you will do fine if the rug gets pulled out from under you. Based on the portfolio and the pipeline it can and probably will happen to the same people who are telling us everything is ok. You want proof? Ask JP, BJ and FH or for that matter FF about the long term here. These guys all carried the water as they had been laying off people and or just flat out firing them for nothing all the while telling us "everything is fine now" Stop kidding yourself.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jobs are there maybe, but people still have to interview and receive their offers. Trust me more of us are leaving!!! And we will try to hold our heads high as we do and not point fingers, but we know the key players as to what happened here. Products, meh... Middle management!!! Keeping it that general is enough

I remember getting the call in December that I was retained... And I was bitter. Sounds twisted. But I was hoping for that severance. I knew I was employable, marketable. And as a lot of people are discovering, we are!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad part about this post from someone at the home office is that they have laid off a ton of people both in the home office and in the sales force and yet they think there are not any opportunities out there. Further proof that the people who are running this thing are morally bankrupt and further proof that this place has really not only lost its direction but they have lost their souls and compassion for people as well.
    Good news, there are opportunities as one of the posts suggests - Celgene, Novartis, Janssen, dental, med device, laser sales among some smaller derm companies as well. And now former Galderma people at these organizations more than happy to help out. These posts disparaging the current and former employees that are moving on or have moved on says a lot about the people in HR and the people running this thing here in the US and abroad. The US is still the land of opportunity and no one needs to listen to or work for people like the person who posted this if they choose not to.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once you're out, you look back and realize how truly bad it was/is. Classless organization.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classless, Clueless, Arrogant management that could care less about people. Current HR, Marketing and Sales Managers are people that openly lie and manipulate the truth about employees to get them in trouble demoted or flat out fired. Really little to defend here. Good opportunity for former B to B people who want to break into pharma. Get some experience and then move on to a company with a pipeline, leadership and further build your career. As you will find the former employees from Galderma are doing very well and will help you out. Many of them are truly very strong in ability and leadership.

The Rx divisions will last as long as the patents do then say goodbye - The Aesthetic team will have crazy goals, crazy pressure to meet those goals and probably will not meet the super overinflated sales and profit goals your upper management in the US and in Europe will commit to to the Nestle SR. Leadership this year and beyond. Not to mention who the hell do they know in derm for the most part? it is and will be an ongoing mess.

Get experience, max out on your 401K do your best and keep networking over the next two years. Then you will have set yourself up for a bright future. It simply will not be here for most if not all of the current employees.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is awful to women!!!!! Never give credit where it's due! So many if us have been through do much bs from this system, it's embarrassing!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To those of you bitter and angry, as I was: leave the damn place. I resigned and completely left the industry. Why? Because my wife was upset I worked so much, my kids were seemingly forgetting who their father was and I was becoming sarcastic and toxic. For many years I loved Galderma and to be honest, at times I still miss the car, the 401K and believe it or not, powerpoints. But those things are trivial. I left and now work for a company where ownership is on the table in less than 5 years for me. I'm home for breakfast and dinner every day. People who I meet and work with for some reason think Im amazing because I used to work in the "mysterious world of high paid medical sales". So what, right? Well, let them think what they want. You think what you want. At the end of the day--its your own damn life. Do what makes you happy. By the way, recruiters still call me from time to time. I have interviewed but nothing really interests me. The #1 thing I hated in medical sales, was the big brother, middle management and ride-alongs which I kind of group together. When management person would fly in to ride with me--I always panicked. I don't have that at all now. I barely work Fridays and life is good. If you wish you were laid off, then resign. Sometimes a change of scenery is what we all need. You probably wont have to wear a tie anymore or schlep bagels (we all did it). And there are a lot of industries that pay just about as well and offer real stability. The question I always asked myself towards the end was "who's gonna hire a 45 year old drug rep?" That's not far off for me. I make less now that at Galderma, but will potentially make much, much more after ownership and especially 10 years from now. And, I don't have to move. Ever hear the saying: "work to live, not live to work"?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your post! I left at the beginning of 2014 and share a lot of your same opinions...I make a little less now too, but get to sleep in my own bed each night and not be time stamped and tracked each day.