MannKind Sales Force?

Discussion in 'MannKind' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will MannKind have their own sales force or just sell the whole product off?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sales force will no longer exist when AstraZeneca buys us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mankind has no sales force, when the product gets approved they have 5 options to promote the product:
    1. Contract out a sales force
    2. Partner with a larger company that does have a sale force
    3. Let the product hang out there and move on its own off of telemarketing, ads, mailers, etc.
    4. Sell the company (but I doubt this will happen until the product has at least a full year of solid sales)
    5. And finally, Mankind does have the option to hire there own sales force, but it is highly unlikely that they will. Mankind is too small, too much involved in forming a sales force. My guess is they will go with a contract company or partnership.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not likely they will grow a sales force. It doesn't appear to be their strength. Given the CEO sold Minimed to Medtronic, the close ties between the company and Sanofi over time, and the recent announcement of a partnership between Sanofi and Medtronic, the cryptic comments by the CEO about the future of diabetes care leave me thinking Sanofi becomes the major global (US/EU) partner for sales. I would also expect a separate partnership for specific other geographies. It looks like the best way to get in front of this killer app is to get in with Sanofi or whoever buys marketing rights.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about GSK as a potential partner?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Astra Zeneca would be a perfect fit!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me ..! Gsk is a horrible choice.. The sales reps are not compensated on sales results.. They are bonuses on tests and phone role plays. The sales force is so demotivated and screwed up they couldn't launch anything .. Not to mention the slime ball executives being hit with corruption charges in every country in the world .. Paying Chinese doctors with prostitutes .. And Gsk sold Avandia!!! Diabetes med that was yanked off the market after they buried data that showed increased death!! Don't think the endos want to see Gsk promoting another diabetes med .. But sure Gsk would be great !! Lol

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK here. Avandia was proven to be safe and effective by FDA probe. The government aka Steve Niessen went on a witch hunt and found nothing. Ended up costing the company BILLIONS. As far as how the sales force is incentivized, you are correct on the test taking. However, those same reps are the ones who sold Zantac, Valtrex, Imitrex and ADVAIR. We can sell and are selling! Look at Astra. Still can't beat GSK on any competing product or on any metric. I take offense to your comments. GSK Reps are solid and would do your company proud!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like the president of GSK North America pharmaceuticals is spending time on cafepharma.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AGREED!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and JnJ had peeps in China early this month...discussing insulin production???