Management reorg sign of bigger change to come

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is looking at Celgene

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what price and when? nothing less than $130/share plus CVR's on pipeline

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wouldn't surprise me~look at how many ex-Merckies are in Clin Pharm.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they've obviously heard about the action at club celgene. those guys are horndogs ready to score some hot celgene cougars! let's party!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too many presidents at Celgene makingthe company vulnerable to dissolution. If it happens sayonara will be well understood.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's Celgene after all. Too many chiefs not enough indians is the modus operandi. Ive been with the company for 6 months and it's shocking to see the reorganizational changes. Good or bad it's clear that there's bigger change to come. Morale is evidently low but people are hanging in for the stock options.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As poorly as things are going, it is unlikely that much of this sales force will be around long enough for those to vest... I would not be surprised if they did a layoff just to avoid paying those out.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No layoffs anytime soon

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, because management is always completely transparent about these things. They would never tell you everything is wonderful as the axe is already falling. In fact, I can't think of a single time that has ever happened. Unless you count every layoff in the history of this industry. Keep drinking that kool-aid, that is why they hired you. You are stupid enough not to see the writing on the wall.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think that senior management will layoff reps this early into the sales force, you aren't thinking clearly either.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It would be a shame if Merck bought Celgene because it really would be the blind leading the blind. Although Celgene has several departments in the clin research realm that could learn from Merck. And there needs to be more protocol oversight.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you suggesting that CRPs and CRSs can't write protocols? Cmon now, Celgene is ahead of the industry at least they think they are. But seriously has anyone compared Celgene average number of protocol amendments with the industry?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Pfizer is interested

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard J&J

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nah, BMS. They're desperate.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMY has a market cap of 82B and 28000 workers - they can't buy CELG

AMGN maybe could if they took on some incredible debt - they have a market cap of 100B and 21,000 workers

Celgene on the other hand has a market cap of 73B and climbing and by far the most diverse and rich first in class pipeline in the industry and only 4950 workers.

I am only an investor so I am looking for total return, but if I was an employee of Celgene I would hope no one buys you. You are in an incredible position to collect enormous equity returns because you have so few employees.

What outsiders don't realize is that CELG distributes roughly the same equity award that AbbVie, BMS, and AMGEN do every year to their workers except only 4950 are taking bites. At other places, the bites of the pie are much smaller.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hence nobody leaves Celgene because of the "golden handcuffs"

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that was before the canker sore of Otesla showed up and added nothing to the valuation of the company

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know what Otezla is, but what us Otesla?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Us" is.

Touche