Quiet days since the announcement

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's been pretty quiet since the announcement this week of Carlsbad office closing. I heard some are told they will transition to positions in Irvine or if in the field, under those in Irvine.

Is that likely or just trying to keep hope alive so there isn't a mass exodus before they can transition before mass layoffs?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so sorry for anyone losing their job. I am surprised that it took as long as it has for the office to be shut down.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we all knew it would happen. This is the first year it really makes sense. It wasn't until earlier this year that all the executive's contracts from the acquisition expired. With no more contract pending, except TS I believe, AGN can easily make big changes.

Good luck to everyone!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.biospace.com/news/allergan-layoffs-employees-vent/341040

Snippet from the article published on July 28.

"Key Allergan sites to close include: Medford (Boston, MA), Santa Barbara (Central CA), and Carlsbad (Southern CA).
    Carlsbad employs 200 employees and all are being let go. "

Sorry everyone. Get your resumes updated. Best of luck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a stupid ass thing to post. You're a fuckin moron. You feel powerful that you know how to post a bad news link? So sad people like you exist. Go play in traffic please!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well aren't you friendly and articulate. It's hard to argue such an insightful counterpoint.

The good news is...If more people have your attitude and logic, there is less competition out there in finding a new job then I thought. More luck to the rest of us.

All banter aside. You can hide your head in the sand as much as you like. The reality is there won't be jobs waiting in Irvine like the previous posts mention. A horrible and completely unavoidable situation for all my fellow SkinMedica employees. I wish everyone the best of luck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be one of the multiple, dumb, and fake everything including your blonde hair, women employed by the company of the year SkinMedica! Can you not see the point that no one needs you posting links about the bad news and then acting like you're so sorry and wishing everyone good luck. Who the hell are you to presume to be the comforter of all man kind? The truth is you are living this unfortunate situation and making sure everyone sees it for some sick thrill you get out of it. NOBODY GIVES A DAMN about your well wishes or your mindless posts. Another great hire by SM I see! Did you finish high school sweetheart or still working on that?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you so angry? What's your deal? You must have really been screwed over in life to react so harshly. Such nasty words abt a simple post? Really?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a very happy and very successful person thank you! What I'm angry about is people like you who hide their real intent of your postings by saying how sorry you are and wishing real people who are really in a tough spot "all the best". Your post, all of them is what you should be saying "really?" to. People who truly care about others would NEVER post a link to the article that confirms the bad news about a few people for all others to read and wallow in. Are you so far consumed with your own self that you can't see that point? You sound like one of those southern bells that everything out of their mouths is phony, fake, and self serving. "Ain't that niiiiice?" Wow! Earth to whoever!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes me think of that video that's circulating the internet with the blondes take on Dramamine. It's so funny just like the poster you are referring to. Google it. If you haven't already.