Aesthetics

Discussion in 'Merz Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Sep 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In need of some intel. I am considering applying for your Georgia or Pennsylvania position. Can anyone shed some light on working at Merz. Just the good and the bad.

Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salaries are better than past and bonus is very good if you are at goal or over. The target bonus is 22.5k /qtr, 90k/yr if at plan. Some territory goals are easier than others but no different than anywhere else. The 2 territories you mention have good managers and the head of the division seems to be really getting behind the sales team. There was a bit of clean up to do in the field, according to my RM, but that is coming to an end. I've been here a few years and seems fair although some of my tenured teammates think they had it easier in the past. Things always change but overall glad to be here and higher pay vs. competition or pharma. That's the straight scoop and hope it helps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you....very helpful in making my decision!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Posted By A Manager

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it 90k per yr for bonus only? 90k total comp? 22k per quarter seems to be a bit of a stretch for a derm co

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Were you asking about derm pharma division or aesthetic injectable division?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Either

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm also considering applying. Can anyone shed some light on the competition?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

90 is comm, you get a salary too. Range is 85-105

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've worked for the competitor. Merz is last in line in my area compared to competition and really struggles. Not sure about other parts of the country. I think some of their legal obstacles and imposed regulations in 2011 and 2012 has held the brand back. They also have no awards programs with breast implants, etc. so it's difficult for them to get loyal customers to one brand by offering discounts. There's no telling what the future holds for them though. I think depending on where you are, a position with Merz could be an uphill one.

Valeant isn't any better. They are just a M&A company. You'll get hired and lose your job when they acquire another company. Mike is ruthless. And he'd be proud to read that.

I chose to leave the industry so I have no allegiances. If I were to come back, I'd work for Allergan. Though, they have the least pay these days.

So there's the lowdown.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't work for Merz, Allergan or Valeant, but am in the aesthetic space, and I agree with the previous poster 100%. In my area it seems like Merz is #2, but I could be wrong and it depends on your geography. It does seem like there has been a lot of turnover there, especially recently, so that's worth looking into. I don't know the reasons why, but do know a lot of people are talking about it so you may want to do some digging. I also agree that Allergan is the leader in the market but those reps make much less $$ than Merz and Valeant reps, at least in my area. Probably an easier job though. At Merz and Valeant you can probably make more $ but the tradeoff is the stability and more of an uphill climb. Your best bet is to check with area drs and ask about previous rep or mgr, what they think about products, why they do or don't use them, etc. You'll get better information there than you can get from a general board like this. Good luck.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merz is cutting the legs off of our industry by dumping samples to offset price. No science but cheap, cheap, cheap.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. They are offloading a ton of samples in my territory. Completely discounting the injectable market.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are the majority of people happy to be working on the aesthetic side? I have met with a few plastics surgeons and they did not have great things to say about merz. I am taking this with a grain of salt and assuming prior rep was not good. Any help would be appreciated? I want to get into this industry but I am cautious about selling products that doctors don't like.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The products aren't the problem or question you should ask. Prior rep could have been good or bad - probably half the sales force has left in the last year, which speaks volumes about new "management". Good luck.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our offices begin to doubt when we are giving everything away. Why?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huh?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all about the products in this space, Voluma will take a ton of Radiesse share this yr; and Xeomin doesn't have any share to take. Merz should pay the best to sell in this space, it's fukin hard!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merz does pay the best. Allergan and Valeant reps don't make anything anymore.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the Medicis division? I always heard they average 225k from about 15 reliable sources, even the Docs know that!