COE BS

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2015 at 7:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, COE is a lottery but you have better chances of winning depending on the area where you work. Some territories and Districts have never won, ever. The odds would be that over the years, at least one person was good enough or had a good enough year to win. And then their is the Boston area with state mandated health care, managed care dominance and Alabama and the SE in general with a managed care monopoly and a growing population. There is a reason why these areas produce so many winners and it has nothing to do with skill or ability.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who gives a rat's ass about the COE!!!!! Everyday is the COE for me! At my "second job" right now, and will be until about 11 AM, and nobody has a clue I have it on the side! Then I will go to a lunch at noon, enter those calls and get a sig whether or not they need samples, and lie about the rest of the day. The around 4, I will go check on things at my "second job", and get a late sig to make things look good.

Yep, everyday is COE for me!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please do not have offspring. We have enough dysfunction and immoral behavior in this world

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top 5 percent is not motivating. It's pretty clear most folks feel they don't have a shot to win. So why fight for it? No one from BMS cares, AZ cut an already difficult to achieve prize by 50%.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its that way all over the industry; if your meds are on a sweet spot on the larger plans' formularies, and you have a growing population, you have the potential to do very well. If you live in an area with crappy access and have poor formulary placement, you simply go through the motions of keeping your job.

In talking to my former colleagues from my 1st company, no one outside of this industry buys into COE on the resume'. Many HR folks and hiring managers know that everyone has multiple partners calling on the same doctor, so its impossible for them to know who is "really carrying the load". They also know that many reps are successful in spite of themselves.

My advice as a multiple time CEO winner here and at my first company is to treat this job as it is: we are signature gathering, lunch-catering, message-giving advertisers in Cole Haan shoes. Get ready for pharmageddon, which will make the last bloodletting of 2008-2010 look like a little-wrist spanking.

Line yourself up for what you will do post-2016.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who the hell is Cole Haann?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too damn funny, but describes my situation to a "T"! It's too easy to get away with this stuff! Headed to the gym now for a good workout, then off to my real "business"! You hit the nail on the head with the above post! Everyday for me is also COE!!! Hey…that rhymes! God am I good!!! HA! HA! HA! HA!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And just like COE, it has an expiration date and then you return to reality. Our day is coming we just don't know the exact date when we will get that call.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anybody seen the final rankings for COE? I know they announced some winners, however can't find final results. I need it for an interview. Diabetes leadership has completely lost their minds.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't seen a list yet.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because it was convenient Az swithed data vendors aka capturing methodology.... Looks like they did it before coe was determined with the old vendor. I am so disgusted with sslt okaying the devious data practices by the fsip team. Arrogant jackasses

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On an Ask Tekeconf they said winners would be announced 3/25. Wtf?!?!?!?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard some BS about the way they picked winners! Our team qualified in top 5% but did not win even though we had way better numbers then teams that did win! Some teams have won Coe and didn't even win SIP! That's a bunch of bullshit!! They need to take the teams right straight from the top regardless of regions. So be it if some ass holes from some of the regions don't go! Why do all the regions need to be have equill representation? BS Fo sho!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I won the trip. I did it by being the slacker that I am. I admit it. I am a slacker, but I still won the COE game! I would say to all of you, ride the coattails of anyone you can. Call only on the top writers, and lie when necessary. It works, and I am living proof.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shared objectives, faulty data, multiple reps selling the same drug to the same customers, managed care coverage, IT IS A LOTTERY FOLKS !!! If you win, enjoy the trip but don't actually think that you actually had anything to do with it. More previous winners are fired within two years of winning than repeat winners.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know you can download and edit those numbers right? No one checks it. You can also do the same thing with your reviews.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did you hear about how they determined winners?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wasn't a lottery for our group we EARNED our place in CEO. Sure there were some things during the year that jeprodized the ranking that were out of our control, but i assure you the CEO win did not fall in our lap!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I told you it is a lottery. They drew names from the hat and then discarded the names of those people with low performance ratings or those that leadership don't like because they asked questions or submitted new ideas. Then they substitute the names of their butt buddies making sure to meet diversity goals too.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top teams from each district, not top teams from nation were chosen!