THE FUTURE: "Non-personal Promotion", the end of the Pharma Rep

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 30, 2015 at 6:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You didn't listen to the other poster. You lost it at Docs taking time out to use the internet. This sort of stuff has already been tried EXTENSIVELY. Do you think pharmaceutical companies wouldn't ditch sales staff if they could do without them and save costs?

Here's what happens. The Doctor does not take time to read information or order products from company X on the internet. Fact is, most Doctors won't even go on line with small incentives. That too has been tried numerous times. Meanwhile, company Y sends in a sales person and gets at least some face time and obtains sample signatures. The company with the sales person wins.

That's not to say Pharma won't use other methods to support sales staff. But other models have simply not been successful alone or to the same degree as having a physical body in an office.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think you realize how committed companies are becoming to NPP. This will not be the version tried and failed years ago. The Farxiga example gives you an idea of how it may progress. No, docs will not go on the internet to learn about a new drug, but staff can,has and is ordering samples off the internet from many companies. The scenario one poster outlined is probably closer to the truth than you would imagine.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even if it were mildly successful at best I could see another company saying, "okay, lets throw a few more salesmen into the mix to beat the competition," and the arms race would continue.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, staff can order samples off the internet, but again they're only going to order the ones Doctor ALREADY prefers, and even more likely, based on current patient usage. So how do you get the Doctor to buy into another brand? You're not going to do it on the internet, Docs don't take the time. Adverts? Not strong enough, largely ignored, and really a reminder item. Direct to consumer? Helpful from a patient point of view and a reminder to Doctor the drug is there, but not going to move any perceived standard of Pharmaceutical care.

Somehow you HAVE to get the product in front of Doctor to GROW it, AND you have to MAINTAIN a presence. Out of sight, out of mind. That way is a human body.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SO let me get this straight, more than half of all calls are faked several days with no calls, how is the message getting delivered. Still under the delusion we can make a difference " hey doc can you sign this".

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm sayin'. A few calls still get through. You have to have some presence. I'm not under the delusion that access and respect are anything like they used to be, but something is better than nothing.

And companies KNOW that if you don't have a sales presence in a territory that after a period of time, sales begin to fall. Frankly this is nothing new and access has been slowly diminishing over many years.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you wonder why no one will see sales reps any more it is because one writes it and another repeats it without recognition of a common word and phrase that most high school English students would not get wrong. You both said under the delusion when you meant under the illusion. Similar in some respects with common synonyms but the point is still valid. We have morons amid our ranks. Weed yourself out and quit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get a life!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Poster #46. No, actually delusion was exactly what I meant to say. Where did you say you went to school?

Delusion:
    1. (Psychiatry) a mistaken or misleading opinion, idea, belief, etc:
    2. (Psychiatry) psychiatry a belief held in the face of evidence to the contrary, that is resistant to all reason. See also illusion, hallucination
    3. (Psychiatry) the act of deluding or state of being deluded

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what a dipshit you are under the delusion that you have a brain do a little research before you post your ignorance now get out there and make a difference I bet your targets love to see your dumb ass walk in the door

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The dipshit would tell you it's under the "illusion" that you have a brain.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

having 1 rep visit an office every 4 -6 weeks is all it takes from the Personal Promotion side of things. All the Adverts, DTC are gravy. What is not necessary is having a Team of reps hitting an office weekly - no wonder access is what it is. These docs are seeing patients, maybe even saving lives, running a business, keeping up on the insurance/reimbursement issues, etc etc.

That's why faking calls works - you are still seeing the docs, but with a reasonable frequency for them and faking the rest to keep this stupid company happy.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't fare (fair?) too well in 4th grade grammar, did ya?

Back to the point: please mark the date of these posts. Check back in when Obummacare has hit the payers hard, and PBMs inflict (inflect?) their (they're) formulary decisions on the SGLT2 and GLP1 classes.

Even though it will be painful, I will be interested to see the reaction of my fellow AZers.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are very good!!

I've based my entire career on this way of thinking. Just don't get too greedy. You do need to make SOME calls, just to make sure your customers haven't moved or died. I can't tell you how many lesser skilled "creative callers" have been busted by the old "six calls made over 2 months on a guy who died four months ago".

Be careful!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The phrase is "under the illusion" not "under the delusion"---ha ha! Dolt.