Life After Pharmaceutical Sales

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You reveal yourself when you falsely answer your own question. The answer is, the representative can no longer expense the event because it is an unfair influence on the doctor -- quid pro quo. Sure doctor, I'll pay for you at the best golf course, lunch and drinks at the 19th hole, and I'll kiss your ass all day.

And I don't expect you to prescribe my product or anything else at all in return for the favor.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a dick!!! Get a life you assclown. If you believe Pharma is for losers, then why are you on cafe pharma? Are you just some tool who likes to put others down to make yourself feel important? The "Business World" you work in was created by boomers. Your friggin XBOX, Computer, Flat Screen HD TV, Internet....all created by boomers. Do you use these boomer creations? These creations gave Xers jobs and something to build from. The sad part of this is that your such tool and you don't even know it. For the rest of your working life, you will be kissing my butt because as a boomer, I am the largest part of the American population and have the most buying power of all. You will be supporting yourself on my dollar. The best thing is that when were old and in nursing homes, your generation will be changing my generations diapers. Clean my $hit bitch. You claim that boomers don't care about anyone but themselves is funny. I see boomers on here trying to help others with good advice, how are you helping? You seem to be lacking in your concern for others, thanks for your caring example. Now go play your online video games and live in your fantasy world little person. You may as well skip your reply to this message, we know you are much too young to understand how the world works. There are some good and intelligent Xers out there, but you give them all a bad name. Really, just go away, your an embarrassment.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They said reps over 50 are losers. Read much? Get your "readers" on and take notes.

It's you're an embarrassment, not your. So naturally, and hilariously, the embarrassment is you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. You CAN use spell check. Pretty soon you will be pretending to have an education. Try and put together a cohesive thought pattern and see if you can articulate that. No spell check for that. Go watch Barney

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to go with the "boomer" in this argument. X'er seems to blame others for his problems. X'er, why are you trolling the boards? Seems to me that the real loser is YOU.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Youngster, you need to learn some manners. You're on time out!! Winey little bastard

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speak for yourself.
    There is a strong segment of us that work our tails off and sell clinically everyday. We are able to give doctors a relevant message to THEIR practice as well, something the newbies are not well versed on. Also, we work the entire office and sell them on the other promotions and non-clinical aspects of using our products for their patients.

you are an amateur.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BS.
    How did you come up with that number? 10%? Beyond ridiculous.

Also, if you are willing to relocate, there are tons of opportunities. You have to be aggressive networking, and interview well, and you will be fine.

Finally, areas like NYC, LA, Chicago, Houston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Miami are not impacted by a failing economy vs. the rest of the USA, because those cities operate within their own self-sufficient economy.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So they say. A lot people lie on their resumes, but I am sure you never heard of that? It is easy to do.
    My ex co-worker bragged about how he re-wrote his previous 3 evaluations and showed them while interviewing...and he makes about 95k base with a high end company, in specialty.
    There are a lot of jerks out there doing this.

that is why managers or companies that ask for this information are wrong to ask. Just ask the STAR questions, and confirm hire dates. The other BRAG BOOK stuff is nonsense.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hysterical.
    So, if you have a lot of buying power, you are relevant?

Boomer are the most self-centered group around, next to high school teenagers. Everyone knows it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct. Now bow down before me and kiss my butt

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you're right. Contract saves a lot of money.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

My recruiter is constantly asking me if I know anyone interested in any of her pharma positions. She is always recruiting for positions paying 85k+ salary plus bonus/commission.

Talk to other reps and find recruiters they worked with.

Do research and go for a product launch.

As frustrating as pharma sales can be, Drs rely on us to bring them new info and companies launching products want seasoned reps.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correction, idiot doctors rely on you to bring them new info.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I call bull shit on this post.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know this is a touchy subject but has anyone ever considered network marketing? Yes I know -- SCAM! I'm not saying every company is good or even great but for me it's worth the investigation.

After 2 layoffs - I'm in contract and love it but my salary isn't anywhere near what it was so I have to find a way to supplement it.

Anyway, I'm exploring everything. I figured most of them might be scams but I ought to be able to weed out the bad ones.

Good luck to everyone.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dad, is that you?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mom's looking for you.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have to look into other sales jobs...there are plenty out there. However, you will be treated like shit, as that is the nature of selling.

If you love medical stuff, then look into nursing or PA school. Stable jobs, good money.

Best job if you can handle working with bratty kids: teaching. The benefits are great, the hours are short, the pension is the best.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trying to figure out which one of you is dumber.