Thoughts on Chicago meeting

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2015 at 5:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all who picks Chicago for a meeting in February?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I have to say is, where the hell were the chairs? And, who rents an entire museum but doesn't feed you dinner? Two nights of apps for dinner but the company won't allow you to expense a meal!? Maybe we should've joined Tosh and Paul for pizza in the lobby because even they were complaining about no food!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did anyone notice the British invasion?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Long time DSM here. The beat goes on. Every year we waste the first 6-8 weeks of the year getting busy and ready for toolkit, FLM, BEM then maybe down to business by next week. What if we had an FLM in April or September? Arrive Mon night meet Tue Wed home Wed night. BEMs - have 2-3 year with each DSM hosting locally maybe pairing up with a neighboring district. Arrive at noon, meet til 5, nice team dinner, next day until 2pm everyone heads home.

Makes sense except everyone in HQ thinks all DSMs are morons and need the BRAND to talk about product. One foot in front of the other. THen another. THe beat goes on.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retired DM here. Pss's see how frustrated your DM's are? This was the same shit when I was working here. DM's have ZERO say in what goes on at BEM's. Forget about discussing local issues. No way. Marketing runs this company. It's been that way for years and will continue. Senior Sales leaders come from marketing work in the field a year or two and back to marketing. At one time sales was considered a position you can develop in and retire in. Not today. Sales is a pass through role at AZ. Your DM's have scripts allot ten minutes for this and five minutes for that. Say this...say that. Guess this shows how much the marketing department trusts your sales "leaders." What a joke to call DM's leaders. They were at one time not anymore.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every year we hear that it was, "the best meeting we've ever had in the history of the world, blah blah blah"! I'm so tired of people standing up at the end of these huge wastes of time and stating, "my name is...and thank you so much for the most amazing meeting I've ever been to in my entire life..."! If someone would just say what EVERYONE really thinks then maybe we would stop wasting time, money and energy and really focus on patients health first!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That isn't going to happen because all of those who were real leaders and spoke their minds even if it was unpopular or politically incorrect are long gone now. Seriously, do you remember the days when an RD or DM would question the strategy or ask a challenging question or disagree with what marketing was saying on stage? It used to happen and those leaders were more respected for standing up for us.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You might hurt the feelings of the staffer that worked do hard to figure which event planning company to hire to stage the whole freak show.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it makes you feel any better, SOS at the FLM. Aerospace Museum w/ apps. Yet, the "leaders" get chauffeured around and go to the Ruth Chris's of the world.

"Do as I say, not as I do"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was as it was expected to be. I could care less. I am back to the "New AZ Tradition"! Lying about calls, taking off whenever I want to, etc. The meeting was a mild inconvenience to me. Play the game people. Frenchie loves us!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, this company should get the dumb Darwin award, for how to kill drive and ambition.
    When will it ever end? Get tired of all the female reps complain about everything....JH from LYH on the top of the loser list.