COE BS

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Feb 19, 2015 at 7:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enough said.....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the scuttlebutt?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a raffle. If you win, enjoy it but don't fall into the trap of believing that you did anything special. Many ex winners have been fired or demoted within one year of winning.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does every team use COE rank as a measure of performance for year end reviews ? 10/80/10 ?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The numbers are all bogus and everyone knows it. One year you look like a super star and the next you may rank at the bottom and you didn't change a single thing. You still called on the same customers and worked harder than the year you won. Your sales numbers still increased and yet you finished last in your district. Like the previous poster said it is a raffle when you factor in managed care, counterparts, a totally flawed objective setting process and shitty tracking systems.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention the fact that multiple counterparts call on the same customers with the same brands and shared objectives. This whole thing is totally bogus.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had the privilige of taking my spouse with me to mingle with about 30 ASDs, NSDs, VPs and CBLs. WHat a joke. Both the concept that we can measure what a rep does and that any of us want to spend a week with other reps and NSDs. Make it stop

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in it to win it again this year. Don't hate the player.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aww did your widdle butt not measure up?! Lol

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with a lot of what's been said here, but I don't know if I agree that the numbers are BS. I really think that everyone is playing under the same accounting system. However, things can change based upon pharmacy reporting--who reports and who doesn't. If there is a change in your area, it could be positive or negative. The problem I have is that AZ doesn't know how to do math. If they say the award goes out to the top ten percent of, let's say, a region, then if there are one hundred reps than the top ten should go on the trip. Easy math--right?? In this scenario it wouldn't be ten reps, but it would be five and they have some way of justifying it. I've worked for three different pharma companies and this is the most complicated/unclear system I've ever been apart of. I consider myself a pretty bright gal, but I can't even understand how it works. If you're trying to motivate people, this doesn't work. Everyone should be crystal clear on what you need to rank to get there. If you say top ten percent of whatever region, area, etc., then it should be the top ten percent of whatever the number of reps are in that geography. Also, AZ should recognize the top 25% with something to motivate reps to want to exceed. Many reps don't think COE is attainable based on their geographies and access. AZ bases neighborhoods on formulary access, not physical access. However, many people need to cheat calls in order to hit the metrics that upper mgt is looking for.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the system may be the same but the margin of error is not equally distributed amongst reps. It was very obvious last year after the April territory changes. AZ did not even try hide it. I am very disappointed with AZ moving my team to 100% numbers and the f'ing with my customer's addresses.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pretty much. BUT, if you lost a big MCO during the year where objectives NEVER accurately reflect the loss & you fall in bottom 10%, you can and should make a big argument. If mgmt. doesn't listen, go to HR. If you fall in bottom 10% w/ no loss during year, you are on your own.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is truly a measure of excellence, then you would expect that people would win more than once or twice in an entire career. If you are excellent, then you should be able to win year after year. The stars just aligned, thats all.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly right. The the more bogus the numbers then the more complex the formula for determining winners and losers. When it is so complicated that nobody understands how they won then it erodes into a lottery exercise where all you need to win is to punch your ticket. If you breath at AZ you have a chance to win.
    There have been PSSs and DMs rated Distinguished for years and have only won once or never. There have been people who have won multiple times who move to another territory and finish in the bottom 10% the rest of their careers. They should change the COE to the COC Circle of Chance.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The program is short sided. For example, when a company only looks at one data point, NRX growth or TRX growth to predict the winners and losers, you create a lottery type atmosphere. The more data points you can analyze, say 50% share and 50% growth can give a better insight into performance. Ultimately, COE is for our top leadership to enjoy a week with family and invite a few reps to rub elbows with the top brass. The revolving top 5% does not represent the success of our company year over year.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When do they announce this ish? How long does it take to cook the books?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you all should get some skills! I have won 4 years in a row and that's not luck!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bullshit

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are only two ways you could go 4 years in a row. 1. you are in senior management
    2. you wore your knees out and/or you asshole out

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My team has won 7x in 22 yrs. with different companies. Believe me honey there is a lot of luck involved. MC coverages, market shares, changes in portfolios, territory changes, etc. I could go on, but why. Drop the I won, there are other factors other than you. It's a shame how this industry has changed and some have been consumed by the "me" mentality.