How do we fix Pfizer

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jun 4, 2015 at 10:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is great the way it is.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tax inversion
    Spin off/break up into 2-3 different companies
    Innovation - new products via development long term and acquisition short term
    Keep expenses down aka doing more with less

Some hard choices just need to be made. It's for the best. It's a shame that America can't get it together to make it a great place to work and build a business anymore. The political system is broken and businesses are over taxed and over regulated. Hence, they must flee if any of us are to have a job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've lost count of the former leaders that I know that used to have adoring crowds of fans that have been severed from the place they landed. I disagree with the other poster that said that they end up at Publicis. Most do, but even more end up leaning on their spouse's job for benefits, and starting their own pharma marketing consulting company. Can we guess how well THOSE are doing?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as they are not here I would bet they are happy. I have yet to hear an ex employee at any level of the company tell me "I wish I was still at Pfizer"

Unless you are waiting till day 0 of the pension, there is no reason to be here. Severed employees got it Ll upfront to invest along with all their RSU's. Who should feel bad for who?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep. 46 years old. Waiting for 2018 & the pension plan to expire. Then I'm history.
    I have no false illusions that anything I do, good or bad, will have an effect on the company. When I'm gone it will be strictly for financial reasons. Hopefully I can find a job where they still have a pension plan.

Ive already started doing homework. 12/31/2017 is closer than you think.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it is 2 years, 6 months, and 8 days away.
    Am I to think that it will be before that?
    You will be 48-49 years old by then....no one will hire someone that old in a pharma market that will be half the size it is today. Good luck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

key is to focus;
    a) Sell Consumer. We clearly don't know what we're doing. We hire terrible leaders. Marketing & sales efforts are weak. We can't compete.

b) Get competitive on tax strategy. Act to become competitive and don't back down when a fat bureaucrat complains.

c) Accelerate Strategic acquisitions. Critical mass is important as the industry continues to consolidate. Time to ACT.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer should give itself to J&J, Novartis, etc. we've ruined enough good companies. Let someone else ruin us.

OR, jettison all C- suite execs with a 100k severance and no healthcare or pension. Dump all the board members, fire 1/3 to 1/2 the sales force, increase salaries by 50% for those left! and just sell what we have. Enough of the bullshit, the games, politics, rah, rah, etc.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you live in a state where pot is legal?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On Consumer PFE did get rid of the last BS President in under 3 months. On acquisitions- PFE will buy anything for the right prices.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How to fix Pfizer? Hire black directors and VPs!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You'll probably be terminated before 2018. With our current pipeline, we could get by with half our current field force size. Ian and his henchmen will make the cuts, which will be very heavy in older folks with higher salaries.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't that racist????

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahahahahahaha!,,,yeah, right.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only if they are also LBGT

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy, liquidate the company and reimburse the people whose lives and careers you ruined
    by takeovers/acquisitions.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot the letter of apology to go along with the check.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, just born smart.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is just fine. Executives and large shareholders are getting richer every year. That's the American Dream. Nothing else is required. If you had worked harder you would be one of the big winners.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BEST analysis on this post.