PFE Stock

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PFE just passed it's 52 week high. Breaking thru that resistance was a big move. Plenty of potential upside. Unfortunately PFE isn't the FED, we can't just print money. Since we've already purchased over $13 billion in stock this year and are nearing the end of our stock buy back, stock appreciation may slow a bit.

I for one agree Pfe will continue to be a buy up to $36. $50 by end of Jan. is crazy talk.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Easy Fed money, stability and cost cutting are driving the stock now. Only growth will sustain it. That means new product launches and continued sales growth is necessary. The possible break up into 3 separate units is driving share price appreciation also.

$50 a share is crazy talk right now. A couple rock solid launches next year could take us there though.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Up again today kids...I got in at 23 and change and the boo birds said no, I'm still investing! PFE has legs. I give 50 in 2014 a thumbs up...get in now!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like a penny stock trader! Did you work for Drexel Burnham Lambert in the 1990's? For PFE to rise to $50 the stock will need to appreciate 17.80. That's a huge increase for a company that continues to see sales revenue decrease. Since the announcement of the three divisions Pf has been on a hiring/spending spree. This increase in expenses is completely opposite of expense saving directives in place for the past 2 years. I always use the disclaimer attached to a prospectus; past performance is not indicative of future results. We've launched 2 drugs in the past 12 months....How have they performed? How has Invokana (same class as the SGLT-2 we're developing with Merck) done? Drug Launches are slower than ever.
    This increase in costs coupled with a slow down in the stock buy back program are strong headwinds. Plus PFE looks to lose close to another Billion in lost revenue from (Spiriva, Detrol LA, Enbrel, Lipitor, Pristiq) just to name a few. I recommend continuing to accumulate stock in your 401k thru the company match. I'm not buying more. You can do much better. Besides Pharma has seen a nice bump in aggregate stock prices. Nice time to take profits and look into another sector. Perhaps energy/oil/gas? If you're feeling brave precious metals have taken a beating this year. Will the slowing of QE finally allow inflation to rear it's ugly head?