I will be retiring in the near future younger than i hoped

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2013 at 3:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will call Webster's and tell them living a great life, having enough money to last me until I die and being smart to know how to manipulate the system is now the definition of insecure. Jealous lately? You're a below average detail rep living paycheck to paycheck in an industry that constantly is laying offs reps. Now who is smart - sucker

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over 2 million from 401k and I retired two years ago before I hit my mid 50's. Add in my IRA and some investments and I haven't worked a day since and never will again.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will be retiring on January 17th. Giving my 2 weeks notice after the break. 49, kids done college, 18 years in pharma. Just done with it. Probably will travel, start a small business that I like to do everyday.

Worst part of the being a rep: feeding the ungrateful office staff, having managers that had 1 good year in the field so they got promoted, everyone being so fake to each other/

Best part: the early days in the late 90's. It was a great job. For the last 5 years I am embarrassed to tell people I am a Pharma rep.

As many others have said, life is too short to hate your job. There are so many other jobs/careers that pay the same and the chances of lay offs are far less.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have 1.2 mill in 401K DH has @1 mill. I don't think I'm ready to retire? I'm 55 and DH is 61? What's enough to retire on KWIM? BTW no debts but we do have to pay for one kid to go through college.