Is Merck stronger or weaker?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2014 at 9:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over the past year, several people have been let go and the primary criteria was performance. During this time, several top performing people have left on their own to seek better opportunities. So is Merck now stronger or weaker and why do you say this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would lead you to state that recent layoffs have been performance-based?

I'd say it is more likely that the performance being impacted by the selective layoffs of more tenured people ---through savings on long-term pension costs and short-term salaries and health-insurance costs--- is Mother's profitability.

I cannot honestly say that I have seen what most of us would call performance factor much into any of the layoffs conducted since (at least) 2008.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs were focused on high salary employees nearing retirement age.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the beat-them-until-they-quit effort was focused on every high-salary white guy in his 40's.

FU Merck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bull. I am inching to those years and have LOW pay compared to my peers. I still have years to go before I can get SS or Medicare. This was a curve ball that has literally knocked me over. Jobs are hard to get now with a flooded market. Jobs even harder to get for those near 60. I Didnt make it to even the must have 10 year qualifier therefore nothing is available to me.

Surprise number two is unemployment is meager now and limited to 26 weeks. No renewals.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have talked to several people (sales Reps and Managers) who left Merck on their own this year to take positions with other pharma companies and guess what? The grass is greener. So if you are not happy, start exploring your options. There really are better opportunities on the other side of the wall. No regrets.