Poor Business

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is making a huge mistake by having the Eliquis launch in Vegas. It's not the 80s and 90s anymore when the pharmaceutical industry is thriving. The industry is struggling now and the company thinks it's a good idea to spend that kind of money on a national launch meeting.

Look at this:
    Cut in company cars choices and value of cars
    Cut in monthly budgets
    Cut in storage unit costs
    Cut in dinner program
    Cut in resources
    Cut in merit increases
    Cut in severance package
    Cut in team building, district trips, etc

Yet the CEO earns a nice raise and we're sending a 2,000 to Las Vegas to launch a drug. Ridiculous!! It should be a regional launch. No one going to Vegas wants to be going there. We're not drinking the kool aid anymore and chanting We Are Pfizer at launch meetings. We're all worried about the next RIF...we know it's coming. Why invest the $$ when we're cutting every where else. It's a poor business decision. Oh...and let's have grown adults be forced to room with complete strangers for 3 nights. Awesome!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's add one more to your list:

Cut you.

No one is forcing you to stay. Leave before Vegas, so you won't be forced to room with complete strangers!

What is strange are the folks like you...that stay!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No...
    Nothing strange about those who have stayed. I truly believe most Pfizer reps would be "gone" right now if there were other good job opportunities out there. Opportunities are just VERY thin right now.

Who can walk away from a good salary, good benefits and a company vehicle when they have mouths to feed and bills to pay? Can't do it.

Keep looking....Hopefully you will find something before more heads are cut. If not, hang in there. Maybe you will NOT lose your job

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I enjoy my job! I like it here. But I'm drinking the kool aid and just accept everything that the company does. I use to be allowed to think freely and have an opinion. It's why I was hired 17 years ago. Then a company like Pfizer wants to all do as they say and say what they tell us to say. They say "OWN IT" and then tell us to hit reach and frequency, and CUE utilization, and the # of dinner programs, and who not to do lunches with, etc etc.

It has nothing to do with being unhappy. It has everything to do with the company making poor choices and sending the wrong messages to their employees.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cheap rooms, cheap flights, cheap conference rates. It's about the least expensive place on earth to hold a launch meeting. Why don't you stop buying yourself lattes on your expense report and maybe you'll start getting some of the things back you've lost.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me. There is no other job that will pay you "Pfizer money" to do what we do. I have won every award in the book as a rookie, rep, and DBM.

I have been looking inside and out of Pharma industry since the last big cut a few years ago. Very few think that we Pharma managers do anything, and I am shocked by what even these few people offered me. So, I stay.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why don't you spread olive loaf over your face

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think Eliquis is really going to get approved?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the BI people struggling with pradaxa. I don't think it's a good drug and of course we are in danger of more layoffs. Chantix and toviaz are prime examples. People take a siesta and start looking. Take your severance and be an entrepreneur. Edible arrangements, Massage Envy, anything but pharma. This is a sinking ship!!! Look at all the bs our managers coach us on. The DMs bring nothing to the table but babysitting and covering their butts with success stories. When is the last time anyone had anything nice to say about any DMs? Just collecting a paycheck.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you are saying that you are overpaid for what little you do. If you want to stay, QUIT whining and complaining about EVERYTHING. Be thankful you have a well paying job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you HQ douche. Now stick your head back up your RP's ass.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and the JNJ reps struggling with Xarelto