SICD (Sorry I Cant Defibrillate)

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2014 at 10:17 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this the acronym? Just wandering.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wandering? intelligent

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Small incision castration device

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

:)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boston Scientific's subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator proves safe and effective in the 1st real-world data from the EFFORTLESS S-ICD clinical trial.

Boston Scientific's (NYSE:BSX) subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillators showed high rates of successful therapy and low rates of inappropriate pacing in data from the 1st large, real-world clinical trial of the novel device.
    Researchers followed more than 450 patients for an average of more than 1.5 years, reporting a 100% treatment rate for spontaneous ventricular tachyarrhythmias and a 99.7% treatment rate for acute ventricular tachyarrhythmias at 12 months. The researchers also reported a 6.4% rate of inappropriate shocks, similar to results for traditional ICDs.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that's a real post. This is why the haters are out. This thing is the real deal.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S-ICDenial

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok so it can recognize an arrhythmia. Be proud. Is it huge? Does it pace? Does the battery last? Is the patient bruised from the brutality for weeks or months?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does it use a Riata/Durata/fidelis/quatro??? Hell no Moron. Who cares about the rest. Your phys doesn't. STFU. Have a good weekend.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ooh cussing. Did I hit a nerve? Why would a company with the best shock lead want to go leadless?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the compliment on the reliability of Endotak. Beyond that, this might be the most idiotic question I've ever read.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's an idiotic question because it's an idiotic device.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, you win. You're absolutely correct. The device sucks and will NEVER be implanted in your territory. ALL of your customers don't believe in it and would NEVER use it for a young patient that doesn't require pacing. You've got your customers locked up and they buy into your opinion while ignoring the growing literature showing it's safe and effective. My bad. You, my friend, are smarter than everyone in the room and come to cafe pharma to prove it.

in five years, when your company finally launches a similar device, I bet you'll be saying it's the greatest thing ever. Maybe keep this in mind when discussing SUBQ today.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When there drips being press announcemts of the first one bring implanted in the state let me know.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, I'm not here to bash SICD. It does have it's niche but I saw one explanted a few weeks ago. It was brutal.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm no expert, but usually when even a young patient requires defibrillation from SCA, there is a possibility back up pacing will be required. Isn't there a death documented in the study from a patient requiring pacing due to brady event? Sad. Take those rose colored glasses off. Don't drink the kool-aid.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Why would a company with the best shock lead want to go leadless?"

Maybe because nobody else has it?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is post shock pacing with this device. I am the competition and even know this and so should you. There are plenty of other faults with this device but this is silly.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

cripe, all one has to do is read the press release to tell that pacing exists in some form on the SICD: "Boston Scientific's (NYSE:BSX) subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillators showed high rates of successful therapy and low rates of inappropriate pacing in data from the 1st large, real-world clinical trial of the novel device."

Common sense would then dictate that this is post cardioversion pacing.

Of course press releases aren't always correct, but the study data is available, so one can go verify for themselves.

Intellectual laziness is what passes for honest inquisitiveness these days I guess.