Orencia

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jun 11, 2014 at 6:41 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What in the world is going on?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS changes divisional leaders more often than underwear. No consistency at all. Very schizophrenic division. Head office repeatedly demonstrates that it does not understand the biotech world while the field does. Too bad. Great drug, bad execution.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems true. How many original reps from launch are still around?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not very many. I was an original and left a couple of years ago. I keep in touch with a few still left. Sounds like nothing has changed. BMS develops some great drugs but cannot launch or market them. I agree with previous poster that the biotech heavy sales force has always been at odds with the big pharma minded corporate staff.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome back to big pharma everybody. Six calls per day? Has the new management even been in the field to see the impossibility? Expect a huge turnover this year especially if another rheum product comes to market.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think this is the only division like this...Oncology the same way. Primary care mentality. Turnover on the rise with it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here we go again. You bio babies are asked to do a little extra work and then begin to whine and cry. Face the music. You are LOSING to inferior competitors and you are crying over being asked to do a couple extra calls per day? What a bunch a spoiled brats!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Making extra calls or doing whatever it takes is not the issue, it just reveals that new sr leadership has no idea what they are doing. For them Orencia will be the career ending garrote as it has been for every other IMM sr leader- but I digress.

Activity is not a strategy, it is a desperate grasping at straws mentality (just before you hit the pavement).

Our sales forecast is based on targeting a pt population that is poorly covered by payers- in some areas 80-90% of the time. We can go in these offices weekly and that fact will not change.

We will march on and when we don't meet our new lower goal, and we won't, they will replace all sr leadership again as they do in almost yearly interval.

Cheers

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked in other divisions and can tell you that the sales team and the home office team are definitely more at odds than any other division. I chalk it up to how many times the leadership team has changed. It takes about a year for home office people to get a handle on how the rheumatology world works because it is so different than what they are used to. By the time they figure it out, they are moved out and the next leadership team comes in and has to figure it out all over again. This new team is no different. They came in and got all their information from home office people, not the sales force. We have heard from Jennifer and Bob only once since they have been here. They have not been in the field at all. No wonder we are getting these crazy numbers thrown at us.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think it will be any different with this new leadership unless the access issue is resolved. One can call on a key customer every other day, but unless the insurance company OKs it and prescription is filled, it won't matter. And by the time the leadership realizes this, they will be gone anyway!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the Oncology Defections thread. If you want to know what is going to happen with immunology, read and weep. Murdo has appointed his minions with same mindset and the results will be the same. Yes, I did say appointed not hired. The defections in immunology will begin soon.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tic-toc
    Tic-toc

Before or after poa?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of the biotech originals are long gone pinhead. This sales force is comprised of those whiny BMS folks you describe. Remember that I don't want any lettuce on my sandwich this week.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The new management is walking in with the same mentality as every other internal promotion. "I've always been successful. All I need is to bring my genius and a heavy hand to these lazy creatures and we will have this division turned around immediately."

Let me help all the new home office personnel who don't know their ass from a hole in the wall about marketing biologics. It is vastly different than selling pills. It is ALL about customer service.
    Sales job is to make the office feel comfortable about the ability of a patient to get on, stay on and afford these very expensive drugs for the rest of their life and that the drug will help the patient.
    This does not happen by messaging.
    This happens through thoughtful discussions about efficacy, access and patient compliance.
    We are not battling for "share voice".
    We are not 1 of 60 options to lower your blood pressure that all work about the same.

Home office constantly lets legal block use of any useful data in this division.
    Head to head data, moa and long term efficacy data are all game changing info in this adently habit driven business. But no, you want us to shove 9 year old data in front of our customers face weekly instead of by weekly and hope that changes the doctors treatment paradigm. Riiiiight!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. the new management is coming in the big BMS way. fear and no hear. activity versus performance. top reps defected last week but nothing but silence. more coming over the next couple of weeks. Plainsboro has rarely listened to the field and acted on it. so far JH has been a complete no show while BV displays his incompetence for the whole sales force to see.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 top reps and a top manager resigned last week. How many more this week?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are ALL looking for a new job! There will be many, many more to come. Try selling this product with an inexperienced sales team. There will be a ton of vacant positions very soon.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree- Many TBMs were on the fence because the extent of reorg was just rumors. Now that details of the reorg are verified and key members of IMM team have jumped - it's going to be a bleed out for this division over the next 4-6 weeks if not sooner.

RW didn't think that many people could leave- up until he got canned for loosing 40% of his field sales.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

and most people liked RW. Not the same story this time around.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone find it strange that it was emphasized at our district meeting that we will get ALL Orencia sales in our territory? Why? Were we not getting sales in the past?