Orencia Changes

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every person I know is looking for another job...we have a call today wonder if that's THE call on restructuring the entire sales force...this company is not what it used to be...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many have left?
    I've got:
    Steve W (original)
    Jessie S - Houston

Who else?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TBM in CA
    TBM in FL

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IV rep in UTAH gave notice

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two more coming next week

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously.....not what it used to be??? BMS is a place of complacency. If you've stayed there, it means you're either incompetent or you accept incompetence simply because you're getting a check. BMS is a culture of losers and full of people that spend their days trying to hide without getting caught. The fact that only a handful of people are there from the original group says it all. Most of us would not accept working for that joke of a company. Not what it used to be.......LOL.......too freakin' funny. You're a loser or you wouldn't work there. Here's hoping that you never lose your job in pharma and actually are required to perform!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sandra K - chicago

Heard 4 more will resign by end of month

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would anyone with any talent stay in this go no where division? Flee little rats - flee! HCV is hiring. Oncology would be happy to have you. Go somewhere where your upper managements bad forecasting or horrible motivational abilities won't prevent you from success.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Part of the problem is that every new senior leader comes in and listens to sales ops (JK), human resources (AD) and global marketing. The new leaders hear the same thing from the same people year after year and change after change. Their simple message is that sales is lazy sales doesn't execute and you (the new leadership) need to crack down on THEM. When will it ever occurred to senior leadership that sales is not the problem, but rather the same old BMS thought processes, marketing+managed care+medical strategies and sales operations leadership have almost completely imploded what should have been a great division?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only 4? You are shooting way too low.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone hearing anything about the reorg? I thought we might hear something on the teleconference today. Too quiet right now but then again it has been too quiet since the management change.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The actual number is significantly higher.

As people and managers ( current and former) are landing positions they are in turn recruiting. It's the same geometric progression that took place when human genome cleaned us out.

The division will obviously continue, but I wouldn't want to be the "D" or an "A" when trying to explain what the hell just happened.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's a "d" or "a"?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

D in bms speak is the decision maker who owns the good or bad decision ie BV or JH
    A in bms speak is the advisor to the "D" ie JK. If poorly advised the "A" goes to the gallows.

As a bonus their is the "I" or the impacted- ie the TBMs/DBMS who get the screwing on the poor decision.

The reason there is an "I" is so the idiots w the "D" can justify not listening to the field. They assume the field is acting on their own interests since they are "impacted" the by decision.

In this situation, when 40% of sales force leaves, both the D and the A will go- at least that's what happened last time.

Hope that helps :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TGIF ladies and gentlemen! It is time to add to the total body to end this week? There has been at least one BIG loss and that comes from the DBM team. Sean Parker was one of the original DBMs in immune and as I hear it, could not wait to get out of this division after the latest change to JBOB. The spin to Murdo about why the top talent in this division is leaving has to be hilarious. Make no bones about it, the rift between sales and Bobbie and JK and many in the head office is getting worse. The only word coming out of Plainsboro is that the sales force is not executing on the brilliance from the ivory tower. So little communication, so many interviewing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's too bad about SP. You will hear about another manager leaving next week. This all really began when Murdo spoke at the POA in Arizona and told the entire audience that they sucked and if they didn't start performing it was all over for Immunology. Posner became a paranoid from that day forward and lost his job. Now we have JH who we never hear from and BV who has the BMS record for earning the most disrespect in the shortest amount of time. It is very clear that the top 3 leaders do not understand the business that Orencia competes in. Wait until you hear what is going to be shoved down your throat at the POA in Nashville. Truly a sad situation right now. Good choice Sean.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was just trying to motivate our salesforce. I'm not a big fan of that tactic he used but I am certainly not going to overreact. There are changes coming but not a head count reduction. Relax already! If people leave it is because they found another offer that they feel works for them. Stop trying to make it like the entire Orencia unit is gone soon.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who over reacted?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought we were supposed to hear of another manager leaving this week? Have not heard anything

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RBD Melissa Smith resigned. 2 DBM's 1 RBD multiple top TBM 's gone.
    The heavy handed "you all suck" attitude from HR and the new lessership team shows they were all wrong. Evidence the POA and the softer side of Bob and Jennifer. IC continues to be a joke with the huge holes in SPP data. Good luck Melissa.