Hospital

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Sep 1, 2014 at 3:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you tells how you work with your pfe colleagues? I don't talk to mine at all. He acts like he does so much and takes credit for everything. My manager said we are the hospital quarterbacks and I need to lead by example. It takes everything in me just to say hello.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I let the Pfizer do all the work, and I take credit for it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's not funny, actually. If that perception is out there and they pick between us and Pfizer Hospital, we could be SOL

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's true.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A hospital rep in our district works in their own world. Won't venture out of local hospital even though meetings with key personnel and hospitalists have been arranged for them. (These are not small hospitals) -Wont Communicate, - Has been very dismissive stating that this is not their priority. -Is Riding the wave of a 2 big writers and think they can get by with this. DBM thinks they are great and is hiding from the truth. This is absolute BS! Do I blow the lid on this?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would blow the lid off almost all of them then!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

old law. 80% of biz from 20% of the customers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a poor excuse for mediocrity and not trying to grow new business.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's the number one rule in sales for a hundred years but you disagree

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I disagree with you. But not with the 80-20 rule, as 80% of sales growth comes from the 20% of reps who are hunting for new business and not using the 80-20 rule for being lazy and mediocre. You need to get out of your comfort zone and go to work before your forced to find a real job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No you're completely wrong.. Not sure how else to explain it to u but you're just wrong.. Go take a business course at the community college than come back when you're educated enough to speak on such topics

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been watching this I am a DM and former hospital specialty manager. If this was one of my hospital reps and I hope it isn't, then they wouldn't be working for me very long. We are trying to grow business here and to rest on your laurels and blow off new sales opportunities is pathetic.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And I really hope you're not or ever will be my manager.. I can't respect a DM with no business skills or analytical ability. I'm sure all you care about is call average and field rides rather than driving results .. You can't get blood from a stone.. But I guess you have your reps chasing low volume low potential doctors rather than spending the time and effort moving the important customers.. The 80/20 principle is about spending budget , resources time and effort on customers who can produce the most amount of sales for your business.. But you go after the rest of the physicians who have little or no value and we will see who wins.. You clearly have never studied the 80/20 principle it goes much deeper than you can comprehend based on your simple comments

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your attempt to chide only reflects on your character. The 80/ 20 rule is not what we are talking about here. It is about someone rationalizing avoiding doing their job using it as an excuse not to call on high rated doctors and accounts who happen to be outside their comfort zone .
    As far as my business acumen, I have a MBA but don't need it to understand the "80/20 rule" you are referring to. Actually it is known as the Pareto Principle. Coincidentally It applies to sales people as well as customers. If you study the top five percent of sales people, they are aggressively seeking new sales growth and maximizing sales with existing customers at the same time. I suggest you learn to do the same.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MBA? Worthless, unless you got it from HBS or Wharton - which you did not.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kellogg School of Management. So where's yours?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS hospital reps are tired of the primary care call metrics imposed on them by a mgmt. that obviously has no understanding of the hospital space, and all you can say is that the Pfizer hospital rep. does not talk to you. Probably because there is no need for more than one hospital rep. selling the same drug in the hospital space. Pfizer has had their hospital division since 2005, and has predominantly sold true hospital products like IV antibiotics. Former Wyeth hospital reps have extensively more real hospital IV product experience selling to almost all specialties, with the most experienced having contract experience. BMS sold Plavix and did not venture far from pharmacy. Anyone who has real hospital experience understands they don't need partners.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it to late to ask for your money back?