HCV WTF!?

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Oct 9, 2014 at 7:14 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the heck happened with giving up on HCV? Couldn't Murdo have seen that the two drug regimen was not competitive a long time ago? Think of all the wasted money, time, and effort that went into developing the regimen, hiring marketing and sales force. What a disaster. This makes BMS look like they have no clue about what is going on in the marketplace or with the competition. Now the talk is about a 3-drug combo that won't even file for approval until 2015--meaning on the market in 2016. The game will be way over by then. Time to cut the line on this franchise now and get out before throwing more shareholder money after bad. Talk about pathetic leadership. Someone needs to be fired over this.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What an embarrassment. I wish I'd stayed at abbvie.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everybody knew about it. Isn't there a trend here? Inhibitex, Amylin, Nivo delay, Eliquis launch, this withdrawal! Look who is the GM of HCV global! Does he have the integrity to tell the truth! if you tell the truth, you're doomed. You need to dance with the party. What a leadership! Also ask the guy who heads Virology US, where was he when the Inhibitex deal was done? Ask the lady who heads Eliquis in the US, where was she when the Amylin was done! The leadership team from the CEO going down at least 3 layers should all go. They are a liability to shareholders.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're in over your head. Let's concentrate on the goals ahead of us and quit complaining.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

your last sentence "Someone needs to be fired over this" makes me wonder if that "someone" will be "reps"

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you the Inhibitex guy, the HCV guy or the Eliquis lady? Painful truth...ha?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with above. Reps will be the next to go for sure. BMS is not competitive in HCV. Too little and too late compared to competition. Gilead and Abbvie have locked BMS out of any viable place in the market. Even if BMS can get DCV approved for use with Sovaldi, it won't be used vs. Gilead's nuc + NS5a combo that will be available before. The BMS 3 drug regimen is so far out in time it is not even worth thinking about. Other regimens will satisfy its niche by the time it launches.

My prediction is that BMS will give up on HCV in the US altogether and maybe focus on Japan only. Total waste when you think about all the money that has been pumped into HCV over the years. Leadership doesn't have the balls to make the tough choice now. They'll squirm and wait for data and wait to see what competitors do and how the "market evolves", and hope that good data comes out with Nivo in oncology to distract from the HCV fiasco. In the end, an announcement will be made in a year or two that BMS is pulling out of HCV in US due to "changing competitive dynamics" and to allow greater focus on favorable data and trends in oncology. You heard it here first.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gilead gained approval for their one pill two drug combo today. Abbvie and BMS, whatchya gonna do?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're going to get early approval, probably Monday so you won't have to wait too long to find out

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. Good one!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is BMS really getting out of HCV? It doesn't seem like news is good with BMS pulling NDA and now Gilead getting approved with their combo. How can BMS compete when the price of Gilead's NS5a as part of combo is only about $16 K extra. BMS can't price DCV that low. The BMS triple combo can't even get to market before 2016 and it doesn't even contain a nuc. Abbott will be on market this year with their non-nuc combo. BMS doesn't seem to have any place in the market. HCV has been one disaster after another at BMS. What the hell are we supposed to do for the next two years?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can this surprise anyone? BMS was barely even recognized by the analyst community that they were even a player in the hcv game. Gilead, Jnj and abbvie didn't even consider Bms as a competitor. Seriously people, Bms had no chance to begin with. "Leadership" was completely incompetent to invest the money to continue to try to get their foot in the door. Move on and look aggressively for new jobs before you lose them.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It certainly seems like a disaster. Hail Mary possibly?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe I took this job. Abbvies going to have a good laugh on us

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you from Vertex? If so, OUCH twice and in the same month as last year.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are they cutting the HCV sales force?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Please consider having compassion for my family when you reply
    Good luck to you in your career.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one knows whats in store. I didn't interpret that message as mocking anyone, rather than it was a year ago that a bad situation went down and a year later another potentially stressful situation. I have a feeling the person who asked about cutting the salesforce doesn't know any more than anyone else. Good luck to everyone.