Would you recommend Pfizer as a place to work? yes no, division, state, why?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Would you recommend Pfizer as a place to work? yes no, division, state, why?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on how bad you need a job and other job prospects where you live. It's not the best place to work but not the worst either. Pays well, on your own most of the time, good benefits. Like any other job your boss is key. If he/she is good it will be a pleasant experience. If he/she sucks - good luck. At least you won't be in an office with them every day! Good luck with the job search.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a minority, female, GLBT, or other it is a gold mine. Tons of entitlement programs, tons of activity focus, tons of blaming others. ZERO accountability.

If you are some combination of the above, it's a platinum mine.

If you are a white male who works and just wants to pay his mortgage and raise your kids, it's not such a good place.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bulls$@t!!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a very tough question.

If you have a good paying job, keep it.

If you don't and you have an offer from Pfizer, take it.

If you have 2 or more offers, take the one from the other company.

Basically, it's a company that must have so many repressive jerks in management that they have to have a no jerks and straight talk policy to combat it.

Think about it. If you go into a house and see a can of Raid out, don't you think there must be a bug problem in that house?

They haven't learned yet that the company culture is determined by who they promote and protect, not by the slogan on a piece of paper.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the best and most accurate answers I've ever seen on this site. Sad, but true.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee, I wonder why you're posting this again? I have a feeling that within the next 24 hours, you will get on your bandstand and tell us why you don't like it here. And I'm sure that you have an ax to grind….

Booooring.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well stated. A manager can totally only ruin a career, a team and a territory, especially if their new and lack experience in managing persons with years more experience than they have. Interview the manager prior to accepting a job with Pfizer. The puffed up narcissist will reveal themselves as soon as they begin talking about how many reps they've developed and how much they've accomplished in their lengthy 2-3 year reign in management.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you all say female, minority or LGBT?

Did Pfizer get a slap on the wrist for equal opportunity??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes from CA. Out of all the pharma companies I've worked for (4 total), Pfizer has the least amount of stupid busywork because the company is run by lawyers now. No emails, no success stories, no journal clubs, no data tracking spreadsheets. Best pay.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe I just graduated college, looking at a couple Pharmaceutical companies and contemplated Pfizer as a place to start. Are you one of those people who live on Cafe Pharma?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New grad? RUN from pharma! There is NO future in this industry!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree-sales jobs are good but just not in this industry anymore. Get experience in "real" sales and go make some good money. The money here isn't bad (although it is dropping for new hires/people laid off), but long term employment (career) here is gone.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a married woman, looking to just screw your boss and get paid for it, Pfizer is the place for you!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They did not hire me in CA because I am a white straight male that is married. Even though I served in the military as a EMT/Nurse not enough with years of sales experience. Good luck with numerous and pointless interviews. Big pharma is so awesome!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you consider 'best pay'? I have 3 yrs of specialty pharma experience and went for a f2f interview for primary care division. Not sure what happened to the previous rep in my territory, but the territory is now open. Still waiting for the 2nd f2f interview. How much are the paying primary care reps these days here??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager at pfizer was fat and stupid and based out of Boston rheumatology. Real jerk. He had ten people working for him. He fired the two females.

I have better sales results and a much better education.

Don't worry I my attorney is claiming the FDA.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The area business director is worse. He is a real hot head. No severance and they blocked my unemployment benefits.

I'm going straight to the Feds. Asshole.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How can an ABD block severance and unemployment. Unless you got fired for compliance or some other shady reason, I don't know how that can happen. Even if you did get caught for a compliance reason you should still be able to get unemployment. Sounds weird to me. Only reason you should be denied S and U is if you quit. If that's the case the company has legs to stand on.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worst company ever!