horrible experience

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Feb 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would never recommend anyone to work here. Anyone/everyone that actually had a personality, and had legitimate managerial/professional development skills has been let go. Instead you get cool aid slurping, no integrity having teammates and managers. Lower paid, lesser experienced drones that will rip you for the smallest things which are not driving business growth. Do yourself a favor don't sign up or go ahead and leave, apply yourself in a better career. Our economy, country, you and your family would benefit. Embrace your doubts before it is too late. I have never worked harder in my life since leaving Pfizer and it is the most rewarding experience ever. Teammates at Pfizer were faking calls, lying, and riding results of other people who actually worked. And the DM in Maryland (once a trainer in NY), was the single worst manager and person I have ever worked with. Rewarded/supported the folks faking calls and lying, and managed out the people she had personal insecurities with. No skills whatsoever. Challenge yourself and do something good.

When your family thanks you for leaving Pfizer I cannot think of a better way to put it.

Do work.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know exactly who you're referring to. She was super fraudulent and like you said, NO SKILLS! I always wondered how people like her ever got in management! This company is based on personal preference, not skills or potential.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That was your experience.

There are plenty of bonehead managers too but not all of them.

Not all bonehead managers are in this industry either.

As far as call faking, etc. this business is obsessed with numbers that aren't based in reality. Those numbers are used to make decisions and money so of course those that have the numbers are rewarded over those that just do the job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer was not always like this. I know; no one wants to hear about the good old days. Just know, there really were many good days, months, years, decades and good people. Once upon a time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MI has some of the worst. From TK to LM. they all watch one anothers back and act like being a manager and having DBM or any other set of initials make them something more. The truth be told they are something less because they have become a sell out. I heard LM was a pretty good rep. Boy how things change once he became a DBM. They have their favorite reps and they praise them at every chance they get. Is their an exchange of favors it would be hard to say. The Pfizer experince is just that horrible.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing can be worse than the game-playing shit that goes on in WI with the DBM's there. TK,KU,MR,RS have a toxic environment there that is draining the life out of everyone and sucks the air out of the room at every meeting. Backstabbing. Cronyism. Manipulating people against each other. Favoritism. Coddling. You name it

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But isn't that the true Pfizer corporate culture? - toxic, cronyism, manipulation, back-stabbing, etc. Example - delaying giving employees their 401K match. Ian and Frank didn't need to be so nasty to their employees when they have 40 billion dollars of cash sitting around in bank accounts and they could afford to buy back 15 billion dollars of shares last year. So why screw their employees? Because they could. Because it's the Pfizer culture.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company is the company but they put people into immediate supervisory roles that amplify the disconnect between Ian and Frank vs the sales force instead of making it a more favorable working environment for people.

I can't believe how they set people up to disagree, pit people against each other, and manipulate people. And they wonder why morale is in the toilet and people are afraid to speak up

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you are talking about AW, right? She is now in marketing so her horrible people skills are now on display for all to see. She got where she is for 2 reasons, she is a woman willing to move and move up and she had someone, RL, who moved her along. She is not well thought of outside of the tight mid atlantic area and she will not go far….mark my words

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The culture is filtered as it is interpreted by managers at every level. The company wants to change the culture but does not change managers. When its a bad manager who reinforces the culture you want to change, the outcome is no change or change for the worse. A cornered manager is like a cornered lion.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer is, was, and always will be a house of cards. It's filled with incompetent phonies who kiss, screw, lie, cheat, and steal to get ahead. Very few management people made it on merit, or performance
    Pfizer...and I have to give them credit....bought 99 percent of their products, trained their army of robots to buy, beat, cajole, lie, And every other thing you can think of to get the business. He'll, products like Lipitor, Celebrex were pre sold BEFORE Pfizer bought them.
    The gig is over. Now theyay the piper.
    Shittyeople, shitty company; the cards are soon to come tumbling down on this miserable, although very profitable, company.
    Can't wait to see their demise.....Pfuck Pfizer

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yet too many who just do the job, if that, also get rewarded riding other's backs. Too many BS artists in this business, more so, I believe, in other industries. The "pods", mirrors, partners, all that teamwork shit is non- existent in most industries. People are paid on what they do individually...get the sale

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometimes the quiet people are the biggest snakes in the group

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You aren't referring to AW by any chance, are you? Was briefly a DM in CT after coming out of training, Al Lustig's little poster child for all that a DM should be (namely, spying on people and reporting any dirt to him)?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

absolutely that is who the poster is referring to! She is a piece of work……

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which AW exactly?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the one in marketing now

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When did Anita go into marketing, and which brand? Amazing how certain people have a charmed life at Pfizer...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

did pfizer join the ranks of companies that give the 401K match only at the end of the year instead of with each pay period?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. Just at the end of each quarter, which is almost as bad.