What happened to andy Mcleod??

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Aug 28, 2012 at 7:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just heard today that Andy has left Depuy? Does anyone know what happened or where he went? Seems very strange to me that there wasn't any type of announcement or farewell email. Very sad to hear, he seemed to be a straight shooter which is rare in this company.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

heard that a couple of weeks ago. Didnt hear any details either.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't it obvious? He got a brain! Of course you didn't see an announcement. I'm sure upper management didnt consider it a "critical loss". Who the hell wants to work for this sinking ship? Andy must have lost his appetite for kook aid. Good for him I hope he does well.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kool Aid.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He was the best I guy I ever worked for and one of the best I worked with.......

When highly rated/liked guys like him leave after a 20 year haul, you know the company stinks bad.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Highly talented people will move on. The ones who stay either feel trapped because of age or know they could never make it anywhere else. The nice thing about DePuy is it's very easy to get by if you're good at kissing ass. Let's face it it has very little to do with true talent. In Andy's case I think he was banking on RC leaving and then he could move into that position. However RC doesn't have the balls to go anywhere else. He's looked miserable for years but he just keeps showing up! Ha ha!

At least TCz has calmed things down in knees. I think at he's identified some of the dead weight incompetent ones. (Thanks to this outlet!!!!!!!) although he hasn't gotten control of the unnecessary spending by some but he will.
    Lol I think even the janitor that dumps the trash in knees has an iPad!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RC will be gone within 18 months and Andy was a shoe-in for his job but despite that he left.

That is plain scary. Tells you all you need to know about DePuseless.....

Never mind. Someone in the knee marketing department will suggest an iPad app to replace him and that will make as much money for the company as all our other iPad apps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may be right about Rob. In my opinion Andy made all the decisions anyway.

iPad apps... what a fucking joke!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? You don't think the knee iPad apps are driving sales? The numbers would be in the crapper without Carol and all her exhausting work on those apps... Oh hold on a second... The numbers ARE in the crapper! But the uppers continue to paint a pretty scene just like they've done for the past 5 yrs. They really must think we can't read the monthly report because the last one I read things didn't look so good... No hope of it changing either without a shake up at the top.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a shocker to me. Does anyone know what happened???? Andy is a great guy, I definitely enjoyed anytime we had to work together.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crazy

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Left to run Medacta USA

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's more to this story.....He's too bright to jump to a tiny Orthopedic start-up company out of the blue....watch out for an October surprise Depuy!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not unusual at all. Has it been confirmed he left for Medacta?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100% accurate, and this a very usual move.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've known Andy for years and he's a great guy. I admit I always wondered why he didn't speak up and try to make a change. I'm surprised it took him so long to leave. I wish him well. He certainly deserves it!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is just no point in trying to change anything at a company as dumb as J&J.

Look at their 10 year stock price progression and you can see how hot they are - and maybe why someone good like Andy isn't exactly hanging around to see how his options do!

DePuy was a great company to work at until J&J came along and now just watch them destroy Synthes.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked with Andy for years both before and after J&J. The one thing I can say is he always seemed to be true to himself. He will do well where ever he goes. It's too bad that he didn't make more of an impact at DePuy. If he would have been in Kilburn or Ekdahls positions things would look totally different today. But it makes sense why he never made it any higher after all he is old DePuy (which is why he's so good). How many old DePuy people are at the top or even still around? If they haven't been shoved in a dark corner some where they've left for better opportunities.

I think it's easy to predict what will happen to Synthes. If they don't come in strong and in charge they will spiral downward quickly.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DePuy came in strong and in charge.

It lasted about 6 years - which was a pretty good spell when you think about it - but the JNJ disease will get every acquired company eventually.

I actually think the JNJ pathogen has mutated stronger since then and will eliminate all that's good about Synthes in less than 5 years.

It would be a great time to be competing with JNJ/DePuy/Synthes if the market wasn't so screwed and the competition so dumb.........

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things should be improving now that old what's his name Haddad got shipped out! Or was that just a small improvement in an enormous mess? I often wondered who chose him to be director and why.