Distributors

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it true Depuy spine is now all direct? Do you think they will do the same with Recon?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spine is now 100% direct and recon will be next in 2015-16. If you think this won't happen you are naive.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whats in it for corporate to go direct? Whats in it for reps to go direct? I've heard spine reps are getting company cars and corporate credit cards.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is virtually no difference to the rep if they are direct vs distributor in terms of day to day activity. Except for the fact that you'll get paid more being direct, you'll get a company car, gas card, full expenses(parking, phone, Internet, etc) and you'll get healthcare from JNJ as well as 401k with a pension. Working for a distributor is awful. I did it for years because it was all distributors in my area who repped the major players. Now I am direct and couldn't be happier. It's good for Depuy because they aren't paying a distributor 16%+ to the principal who then decides how much of that he's going to give to you. It's also good for Depuy because they control their business and can offer these bundles that the hospitals want at big discounts. Before the distributor principal would block a deal if his piece of business was taking a big hit to get spine and trauma in the hospital. These new account mgr positions that offer hospitals the total package, will have full control if everything is direct. It's a market share grab for the big manufacturers over the next 2-5 years. In either model our pay is going to be effected in one way or the other.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are dreaming if you think the pay will stay the same. Direct reps will be paid much less.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

16%+?? Not sure where you get that figure it is less. You are correct that it gives Depuy more control. More control for J&J to screw up the business

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bud, I just came over from distributor to direct. I'm making more being direct.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bud huh??? You are a dumb ass.What didyou sell for the distributor and what do you sell now?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So how why is this so difficult to understand? Yes, you make more going direct now, that's how the company lures you in. Once everyone is direct, the company pushes compensation down & there is nothing you can do about it. Enjoy it while you can, the company is always going to push commissions lower to increase profit. Something they can't do in a Distributor model.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It makes all the sense in the world for JnJ. Do you really think the reps will get company car, all expenses, and 401K pension? Working for a distributor is awful. They cut corners everywhere and are very cheap. How will JnJ buy them out?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure they will provide all those benefits and expenses but we shall see. Once the distributors get bought out- which is going to happen, how will commision rates be determined? I'm guessing reps now get anywhere between 5-12%? The long tenured reps getting over 10 are really going to get whacked. Will they make it one standard rate nationwide? Will be interesting.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you're right- the suture anchor distributor going direct will be a fun little experiment to watch.We will be next

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's just a matter of time until Depuy Ortho goes direct and J&J can finally leverage all their companies with the hospital..... It's a changing landscape!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For sure- we will all make 150k as reps and if we don't like it somebody will jump at it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do they still have that spine distributor in Florida and NY that pays their reps peanuts?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All spine distributors are gone, bought out. The NY/Fla one got a huge buyout. Spine is entirely direct.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Define huge, 3-4 mil? When did this happen?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3-4 mil? The owner makes 3-4 mil in 6 months why would he accept a buyout of 3-4 mil. Much much higher than that.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Technically, they didn't have to give him anything

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Distributor model is great for ... the distributors!