No National Sales Meeting?

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Orlando sux anyway!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares anyway. All it did was cause stress while you were away with case coverage. Maybe with the money they save they could send some back to the reps to offset the medical device tax they pushed on us! Dreaming I guesss

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you have nothing new coming to market and sales are not where they projected them to be, then why would we want to pay for a bunch of box openers to eat and drink? Next thing is your commission rates are getting cut.

Management

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management, Don't forget that we have the relationships out here. You do not. Maybe you should take the pay cut. Sales rep.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

57% of all the independant representatives we have, do not have a 4 year degree. Much different than corporate. Try and get a job with another legit company, will not happen. That means we can eliminate 57% of you and hire degreed people and pay them $90K and retain 95% of the business.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any chance nothing new to market is tied to sales not being where they need to be management? NSM is a joke and is really just a feel good event for the corporate folks. If they would get that excited about getting product to market we would probably be in a better place. Most reps could care less about NSM because it doesn't help sales numbers and doesn't get us more products in the field. If you think commission cuts will drive sales you are an idiot. Why don't you get out, meet your customers, setup some regional trainings or meetings , and get your reps the products and support they need to convert

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have the largest portfolio available in the US. When was the last time you made a sales call and attempted to sell something? Our Pharma model will work in orthopedics, at least they sell. Pick a product where your sales are low and focus on it for 60 days, see what results you will have. We need to decrease commissions and base increase on new business. When we send outproduct managers, they make the sale for all of you and buy the steak dinner when you complain about the bill.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats a joke. Product managers largely have no clue. They repeat what ever mantra they are told. Most have minimal experience. By the time a product manager is put in front of the customer the majority of the ground work has been laid by years of loyal customer service. Dont flatter yourself.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last few "dinners" made me look dumb. How is bringing in someone who can't answer questions about other products and techniques gonna help when they sit and fumble for a quick answer on a phone. Really? Start cutting commision and reps will win as we convert with nice fat gaurentee for a few years and when that company does it we jump again. You wanna see how loyal customers are to your product managers? We are not scared. Plenty of job offers everywhere.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the Zimmer Biomet merger you guys can't hang your hat on the largest portfolio quote anymore. Product managers make the sales call for us. Is that what you people in Warsaw think? Do you know how much time and work went into getting that surgeon to a productive dinner. I've never had a single meeting where a product manager closed, asked for a case, or made a sale. They are there as a resource for the meeting. That's the problem is the people in Warsaw think this way. This doesn't include the product mangers that we don't want for to come for meetings because they are clueless. To make it worse you said at least pharma sell. You lost all credibility on that. We have already had plenty of commission cuts thanks to all the price cuts.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NSM is just an opportunity for corporate to get on stage. "The girls" spend weeks shopping and tanning preparing for the big event. We all know you hate the sales force. Call us box openers all you want. You're the fluff that's taking DePuy down the drain. You punks couldn't close a deal at Walmart.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do have a college degree and I will take my business with me. What other % numbers are you corporate clowns looking at?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a degree and guess what, it doesn't make a difference in this job. While most of the new hires have degrees, it doesn't prepare you for this job. Most surgeons don't care about degrees unless it involves being an athlete. The large majority in marketing couldn't cut it in the field. It bugs them that a lot of reps make more than them because they think they are vital. Your post is trying to link the reps education to sales and that isn't how it works in the real world. Hey doc we got rid of your rep who has been with you for 10 years because he started as a scrub tech, don't worry though we hired someone with a 4 year degree to take care of you.

Maybe you "degreed" people in Warsaw can make some more awesome videos for us to keep on our iPads. I start every meeting off with one of those. After the surgeon sees all the effort that went into the video they almost always commit to using our products. It's a real bonus if he likes the music. When that doesn't work I just set up a dinner and have marketing come. The surgeons are so impressed with how your focus on your product has kept you from learning anything about the competition or even DePuy's other products. When you handle questions with "that's a good question, I'll have to look into that" it really shows you are a hard worker who will work tirelessly to get him an answer. It really shows how busy you are when you don't have time to actually find the answer to get back to the rep or surgeon. It's even better when you act surprised that he doesn't like an instrument or feature because you have talked to 3 design surgeons and they never mentioned that being an issue. I'm usually so relieved you are there because my tiny little rep brain can't figure out all those big words he is using.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny how the reps in the field who make all the money call in a panic when they need details on an implant. You call HQ and ask to be transferred until you reach someone or leave a VM almost in tears because your surgeon is asking a question you have no idea on how to answer. Yep you all are sure experienced and don't need us, if you need confirmation just call Rollie and ask him his feelings on this. You are simply box openers that have been in the business a long time some of you, and truly there are only a very very few in numbers those of you who sell. Again, you are not going to go anywhere because its the same at every company, so you should loose 2-4% in commission rates and if you have a consultant then the most you should make is 5%.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's not drag "ROLLY" (you dip wad) into this. He's one of the few people at DePuy that gets it. Shouldn't you be out shopping for new clothes so you can fit in?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are such a jerk. How the F do you think you get paid? It is from us selling in the field. Sure the numbers may not be as in years past, but it is a blood bath out here. Where should I start? 1- We have gotten commission cuts already from the distributors. 2- hey guys hire some trauma reps to push the trauma line then sell it to the competition, but you still need to keep the guys you hired to cover a few joint cases. 3- Screw the guys in the field and just push the medical device tax on us. 4- come up with the DSA program and deduct the rebates out of our monthly sales. 5- No health insurance or benefits. 6- put 25,000 miles per year on your own car with no reimbursement. 7- hey reps, send your doctor to a meeting , but you pay for it out of your own pocket. I'm sure you are so smart you can remember every detail across all product lines. Why don't you come on out in the field and give it a try. My guess is you don't have the f...ing balls. Don't bash the guys that work in the field so you can get paid. Just answer your phone when we call.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How dumb are you. If you want to know what's wrong with Depuy its people like you. You marketing people(most of the guys and all the females) learn your one product and that's it. We have to know everything about every product. I can guarantee you are exaggerating but if you knew anything about being in the field you would know how some surgeons expect answers immediately. If we have a question about an old product or one that just launched its typically for a good reason and sometimes may be urgent. dont bring Rollie into this. He is great at his job and a great resource. If we had more people like him we would be in a better place. The reason everyone calls him or a select few others is because most of the other people don't know the answers when we ask. It's actually scary how little some of the marketing people know about the products.

What are you basing your claim that few reps sale on? How does or commission rate effect you and why are you worried about it? You also must not know much about this business if you don't think reps will leave. When you stay in your little bubble in Warsaw and your only ventures into the world are labs and maybe visiting a high volume consultant then you don't know anything about what goes on. You have no idea what goes into getting an account to run smoothly. You have no idea what it takes to convert a surgeon. By your logic we should cut all of your salaries because you won't go anywhere. Why don't you take a hard look at what your actual impact is on this company instead of bashing reps compensation. Better yet why don't you get out into the field and see what the reps actually do(not the few high volume consultant accounts that run like an assembly line but the real World). Then go back to Warsaw and launch a product or two. You guys are getting blown away by your cross town counter parts when it comes to launching products.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey you little phone answering grunt, ALL you do that adds any value is take phone calls... You EFFING should know the answers. Go polish your boyfriends class ring. And you wonder why we despise the marketing teams.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen brother.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i sure hope that you utilize spell check prior to sending "your surgeon(s)" emails. This is a great example of how uneducated you sales reps or as we like to call you"box openers" are. Do you know that we have a weekly pool going as to who calls the most and claims to be the most experienced? Also, we have an additional one for the most stupid question asked? We are in the process of desiging some new products but presenting them with the proof that we do not need to pay high commission rates on these products. A good example is sterile pins for the Attune system, why do we pay commission on this item, no need to? Just remember, we are marketing and we can do a lot of this directly to the customer without need for high commission rates being paid.