Vaccine jobs

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 15, 2014 at 9:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sooo, all institutions follow ACIP 100% of the time do they? In that case why have hospital reps? Isn't that like walking around reminding people to breathe? Plus the conversation isn't all about institutions it's clearly dealing w outpatient since the poster mentioned Lyrica and co-pay cards.

Oh by the way you are wicked smart. How in the hell do you do it? Wyeth was by far the best company in the pharma space, that's why they aren't around anymore. Entity similar to the dodo bird. Are you a dodo?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, your a Pfizer legacy allright. Maybe your not aware, but hospital reps have more than one drug to sell. Plus, since counting vials does not account to the experience level needed to navigate the hospital space, that should answer your question. Im sure you were not in vaccines when Prevnar was launched, but the brand team was so on top of things, they had to be told by IS that the core measure for CAP had to be changed to cover Prevnar. Yea, your great vaccine division people did not have a clue about institutional. Not only do institutions follow ACIP, but 90% of most PP follow it as well, so getting a little education about what your discussing would be appreciated. And yes, Wyeth was such a good company that Pfizer decided they needed it to keep from going under, just like the previous 2 companies they had to buy to survive before Wyeth. Your a joke.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaccine people haven't worked in years. What exactly do you do in a pediatricians office when they HAVE to use your vaccine and there is NO competition? You count vials and take the order. They can talk all they want about getting the account to give the fourth dose...the reality is that the recommendation is to give it, if the kid shows up, he/she is going to get it. If they don't give it and the kid contracts the disease, they don't have a legal leg to stand on. They're not giving it because of the persuasive detailing skills of the rep. If the reps are so great, let's see how many accounts continue to give 4 doses if the recommendations go down to three!! Why do you think the average age in Vaccines among Wyeth alum is so high....because it was the best/easiest job in the company. Getting paid for doing nothing but going around and saying hi to accounts you called on your whole career. Freaking joke!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I know you have Zyvox and Eliquis. Let's not be to obtuse in this little conversation. Why have IS sell PREVNAR might make my prior post more clear. That leaves you selling a drug losing exclusivity in 6 months and a NOAC that does less than 600m today. The use of this drug in the hospital setting both directly or indirectly is <100m.

Again, not every institution follows ACIP 100% of the time you can't argue differently, and the number of HCP's that actively solicit, counsel, and give a pneum vaccine is far lower than 90%. Some are good many are not. Hence the vaccine sales force. like the division or not, but VOC is the future of Pfizer. We have just made two deals to increase the vaccine portfolio. From where I sit im pretty happy. Did Pfizer buy cubist to increase AI portfolio? Have we made any deals to make your division more valuable?

As far as Wyeth is concerned, it was a great company. But it no longer exists. Your ELT sold you out to a moderately high bidder. Don't blame Pfizer, blame them for pocketing 100's of millions and shipping you off to a company you loathe. And as far as helping the brand team craft it's message, big deal! We bought the product and the experience. Your advisors fulfilled their job requirements.

I wish you and your crew luck in the future, I have no ill will towards you. Even though you imply the whole division sucks. Your outdated notions about loyalty (referring to us as legacy Pfizer) are quant but wasted on most CP posters. The company you still hold on a pedestal sold you! Now move on.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN to the prior post. I'm not IS however I know that 2 of the 3 hospitals I cover do not and will not bring it in for the forseeable future. HCP's are slowing getting on board with the ACIP reco but no slam dunk. The growth of Pfizer is banking on vaccines, just look at the lackluster pipeline of other agents.
    Vaccines is the place to be, think about it...no patent expirations, new products and companies on the way and huge investment in marketing and sales force expansion. There is no guarantee in life, but this is a much safer and enjoyable role.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would help you is a little education in the English language.

It is either alright or all right. Allright is not a word or correct spelling.

What really is the joke is that you don't know the difference in your and you're. You used your 4 times...when it should have been you're. One learns the difference in elementary school.

Clearly, we know who the joke is!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The interesting thing about Wyeth and the Vaccine Division is that Wyeth's ELT hated the division. They were treated like the unwanted stepchild and made no attempt to hide it. They came close to absorbing it into the primary care division a few times. Flumist's failure was the last nail in the coffin-if Pfizer didn't take over, Joe Mahady would have dissolved it. Anyone who doubts that should recall his speech at the Launch. He basically said that the launch was the reps (and division) chance to prove itself. Pfizer saved the day for the division.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wyeth's vaccine chest grew with the acquisition of Lederle.

After the acquisition of Lederle, the division was known as Wyeth-Lederle Vaccine and Pediatrics. Not only did this division represent vaccines...yet also Wyeth's baby formulas.

The former Lederle 800 #, 1-800-LEDERLE, is to this day an active customer service #. Now answered as Pfizer!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sooo, all institutions follow ACIP 100% of the time do they? In that case why have hospital reps? Isn't that like walking around reminding people to breathe? Plus the conversation isn't all about institutions it's clearly dealing w outpatient since the poster mentioned Lyrica and co-pay cards.

You must be off your meds. This was one of your posts they were responding to below.

Oh by the way you are wicked smart. How in the hell do you do it? Wyeth was by far the best company in the pharma space, that's why they aren't around anymore. Entity similar to the dodo bird. Are you a dodo?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahhh, the jealous ones are still grinding an old axe. We've been hearing that 3 dose crap for years - hasn't happened. Meanwhile, all these years Prevnar has been a 'delusion' (LOL) I sold a shitload to peds (btw, we heard your tired old line from the git) and then introduced it to the adult market. It was slow but gradually picking up. Bottom line is - great job, great people, fun to sell, division actually expanding vs imploding like yours and I will be retiring soon. I sleep very well at night.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Sold" a shitload to Peds -that's funny. Should have said-counted the vials and placed the order. How many of your Pediatrician friends would continue to buy from you if Merck or another company launched a competitor PVC. Yea-you know the answer, since they told/tell you what they would do every time we raise the price. Slow in the Adult market but it's picking up, hmmmm....I wonder if ACIP recommendations have anything to do with it. Having fun....really. Stop lying to yourself. It's a lot different with Pfizer in charge than it was with Wyeth. Congrats on being able to retire soon, most of your L-Wyeth colleagues (and anyone else with a brain) can't wait to get out. It's only going to get worse. The thing about Pfizer is if you don't hit your numbers there is usually repercussions. A little different from the old days.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really have an axe to grind, don't you? Too funny.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You two are hilarious but to the angry one - here's where it's at. Consider us 'tech reps' and many companies have them Are they pure selling? No. Do tech reps increase sales> Yes. Example. Prevnar now advertised on TV for those over 50. I received a report that a local pharmacy was denying coverage for Medicaid patients. 4 visits to the pharmacy led to a higher level visit to chain headquarters. Result - problem being corrected and sales will increase. Another example - received report patients at one pharmacy who had checked 'egg allergy box' were being told they can't get it. That's true for flu, not Prevnar. Now in process of correcting that at corporate level and individual pharmacies. Focused education of technical aspects of our products to targeted individual providers leads to increased sales.

So 'angryman' can go back to his rant and 'sales men' can understand that he is increasing use, therefore sales but no, it isn't direct selling rather technical selling.

Still - a very nice challenging job that will be around for years to come.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only thing that makes me angry is Vaccine guy coming off as superior with mad selling skills. That's it. You seem to be problem solving now with the expansion into the Adult market. Can you honestly say the 7-10 years before that you were actually doing anything but counting vials and taking orders. It's not anger-just setting the record straight. Can you answer another question for me. What exactly do the VAMs do now? Just curious.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prior poster here. Yes, when it was all peds we did the same thing. Most people adapted with the recommendations so for the most part - relatively simple. The difficult part was dealing with peds who 1) used their VFC supply for private patients 2) tried to lower the schedule by waiting to administer the 1st dose (there is an accepted altered schedule) and educating the staff on schedules and the billing departments on insurance coverage. Most people played ball but being able to work on those factors could mean the difference in hitting your numbers or not.

VAMs? They go to the gym after they make some phone calls. It's a joke.

BTW, what do you think you 'sell' in this business? There really isn't a true sales job in the industry. It's all a tech rep thing.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VAMs seem to work as hard as the KAMs. How are they still employed???
    You're right-the selling aspect of the job is gone. Even if you try to have a meaningful discussion the few times you get in front of a doc and (have enough time) it's all scripted lawyer driven crap that the docs hate. I'm sure it's the same with you guys. Stay on script, show those slides, watch what you say. Also watch your emails and any other written communication. Such fun.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup. Loads of fun.

We went to college for THIS ?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hopefully, recent college grads are smart enough to stay away from the profession.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe the Vaccine Division isn't as secure as I thought it was...

From FiercePharma:

Pfizer could also opt to beef up its oncology and vaccine offerings, which thanks to a recent restructuring are housed under the same roof and could eventually be another divestment option, Boris told Bloomberg. GlaxoSmithKline ($GSK), AbbVie ($ABBV) and Bristol-Myers Squibb ($BMY) have been buzzed about, too.

Crazy business/crazy company!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

please vaccine rep in south texas works two half days taking orders and trying to pick up the young fat chics in the pedi offices. Rest of the time he is fishing and falsifying lunches and snacks to take home so he and his new wife can get fatter thanks to Pfizer credit card! now that is lame!