Roommate policy

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2015 at 4:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post shows us why downsized Pfizer people either end up working for one of just 2 CSOs or starting their own pharma sales "consulting company".

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The difference between today and years ago is substantial. Society is strange. People are strange. There is no personal accountability. There is no respect for other other people. There is no respect for one's self. This is why doubling or sharing roommates is a bad idea. Look, if there is an even number of people in a district and they all get along and can bunk up, it's perfect. The problem arises when there are 3 guys and 7 girls. One guy is getting bunked with someone they don't know and so is one girl. Those people should have their own room instead of getting bunked with a stranger. It's just how it is. The DBM can mix it up. Plus, years ago the company may have to pay for 700 - 1,000 people to attend a meeting. Now the entire Cluster 3 is less than 200 people in the nation, as is Women's Health. They can afford the rooms. They're using less rooms and less food and less alcohol. Districts use to be 12 people, now they're 8 or less so even POAs can be 1 to a room. In today's world, the idea of making your employees share rooms at national meetings is ridiculous. Especially considering there are no young, or new reps anymore. Look around at meetings. Everyone has about 8 years of service, are in their mid 30s to late 50s.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guy work for one cheap ass company! Said what Pfizer has become.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee, I wonder why the 2015 Pfizer sucks compared to the 2000 Pfizer? One reason is that our self-indulged salespeople can't sell anymore.

Look at this post, for instance: me, me, me. Feature, feature, feature. "I want, I want , I want".

Sparky, your argument is weak, at best. The company deviated from its 'no singles' policy at trainings, POAs, and big meetings for just a short time in our long, glorious history. It was seen an extremely expensive mistake, so we went back to the way it always was. There was always an excellent chance that you were rooming with a stranger. That's just the way it was, kiddos.

You are welcome to Instagram your former Pfizer friends over at Publicis Touchpoint and ask them what waiting for you in the future (IF you're fortunate enough to land a job there).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can we do it again? I miss you!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today's article in the NYT, My Colleague, My Roommate, notes that corporate America is beginning to borrow a concept from the non-profit and academic world -- having its employees share hotel rooms while on the road. A cost-saving measure that you can imagine, for the most part, is being met with less than enthusiasm.

"While I don't normally post allegations from lawsuits -- as a service to anyone needing ammunition to oppose such a forced rooming request, let me offer as Exhibit A, the summary of a lawsuit filed just this past week in Austin, Texas:

Sexual harassment, retaliation, invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress case seeking exemplary damages in which plaintiff worked for defendant [Company] as a technician and had to share a room with another employee, defendant [Doe] on a work related trip. [Doe] "masterbated [sic] in front of plaintiff " and plaintiff was terminated after he reported the behavior.

From D-1-GN-06-001277, filed in Travis County District Court on April 12, 2006, thanks to the always terrific reporters from the Courthouse News Service."

http://employerslawyer.blogspot.com/...tion-from.html

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really!!! People pass around so much BS at meetings and do little in the field. Management is not sharp enough to figure it out

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Goody, goody meeting!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left Pfizer because of their roommate policy. Not that they would care, considering people are not important to them, and everyone is just a number…….but this was one of the main reasons I left - they treated us like children. There are four groups of people that have to room with strangers - college kids in dorms, military members, convent nuns, and the homeless in shelters.

Professional sales reps do not fall into any of those groups, though Pfizer has always structured itself after the military, and they have always treated reps like teenagers.

I and others requested our own rooms over the years, because any of the following: we do not sleep well with complete strangers in the same room, have private medical conditions, don't like the varying hours that a roommate keeps from one's own hours, don't want to hear the private phone conversations of another rep or have them hear our own, don't like the other person's tv show choices, don't want another rep using our toiletries or seeing what medications we may take, or simply because after a day filled with all your colleagues a rep may just want peace and quiet and privacy and to be alone and not feel like they have to make small talk.

As a female it was a complete pain to coordinate bathroom schedules for getting ready in the morning - one person always needs to wake earlier than they would want to in order to be done in the bathroom for the other. One person invariably takes an hour to put on makeup and make her hair perfect right about the time the other person needs to use the toilet for her morning #2……If you were lucky enough to have bowel movements on those trips……I knew many women who were so stressed about having a roommate and going poop around a roommate that they were constipated the entire trip, or loaded up on stool softeners and anxiety meds all week.

The last meeting I was there for, I said I would need my own room but would pay for it myself. That was rejected as being firmly against Pfizer policy. I was told by the hotel if I scheduled a room at the Pfizer rate as part of the Pfizer party they'd have to report it to Pfizer. The alternative was to book the room at the non-Pfizer rate behind the backs of Pfizer, which, for that meeting, would have totaled about a grand out of my own pocket if they would not give me the discounted rate, which I was not willing to do. So my choice was to submit medical paperwork to be granted permission for my own room. I did it, but they still rejected my request…of course the response from HR did not come until after the meeting was over..and after yet one more awkward roommate experience….

The culture and the disrespect for reps finally pushed me out the door and I immediately started looking for a job and left a few months later.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you drive to the meeting, then look up the cheapest nearest motel/hotel and stay there on your own dime. It's worth it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Queen Sucks
    xoxox

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's ridiculous that Pfizer still has roommates in this day and age. Other big pharma reps get their own rooms, not to mention better cars and more bonus.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Watch
    ing
    u

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahahahahahha! :D. One of the funniest posts at PFE! Anxiety and the pot?? Got to be joking. Written by a dude I guess.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is going to change...at least regionally. Word.