Detailing does very little

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2015 at 1:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I keep reading these post about how docs don't listen to us, they don't get their information from us or we aren't a value to the office.

It's all bull shit.

Who cares, your job is none of that shit, it's to mice market share. That's it, period.

How can you do that? Like every other rep in every other industry, it's driven by relationships.
    Idiots in marketing want you to believe all this efficacy horse shit and they create tons of trash to try to justify their job. It's all a sea of shit.

Go in the clinic, get the staff and the docs to like you, you will get them to rx your product. That's it, very simple.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats to you for figuring out what the rest of us have known. Now, go sell that to the guys in the ivory tower that depend upon so many details hit per detail aid page and all of the jobs that depend upon you sticking to the proven marketing formula.

Dont forget to enter your detail marks in the computer on the next call.

Bye.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The metrics and detail pages are more of a CYA from the OIG, US Attorney's Office, Congress and other asses who think what we do is pure evil.

The managers lose sight of this and drink the kool-aid lies that this insanity works.

It's a screwed up world in pharma. The best can navigate through the river of bullshit better than others.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really?

The patients insurance or lack there of is not a factor?!

Get the staff to like me. Bring them lunch.

This is a career?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Scenario#1:
    Doc loves you...RX's a script for you....not on formulary....what happens?? Oh Oh

#2:
    Doc loves you...RX's a script for you....on formulary at high tier (3 or 4)...what happens at the pharmacy?? Probably switched is the answer

#3: Doc loves you...RX's a script for you...on formulary at tier 2 ( best you are going to get with a brand)...it's a $20-$30 copay...pharmacy says he can fill with a generic in same class for $5.... How often is your script filled??

#4: Doc loves you....practice was just bought by the big hospital system in you area and closed access....Oh Oh

The writing is on the wall for the profession. Please don't spend the next few years with blinders on ( unless you are reasonably close to retirement). Yes- relationships do matter ( if they don't like you they will go out of their way NOT to RX your product)! It just doesn't matter nearly as much as it used to. Damn shame, but the truth.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, and Pfizer never acknowledged that. I was always told relationships don't sell.
    So Pfizer hired a bunch of pretty boys and girls and had six people hitting every office. What happened? Offices closed down to reps.
    I was a TAR demoted to PCR because I wasn't on the fast track. The bimbo who replaced me called me crying that no one would see her. Manager told me to take her around to get her in. I refused took it to hr and asked for double pay for double work. Told manager to cease his bullshit. The territory went from #1 in region to last in three months. I left for a great job with Novartis... Still here... Both she and the idiot manager were dumped in one of the layoffs.
    Payback is a bitch!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course relationships sell, and they always have, unless the drug you are pushing is clearly inferior in which case the doc is going to prescribe the better drug. Who makes the really big bucks, year in and year out, in the healthcare industry?

Mostly it is medical device reps with excellent relationships, especially those in surgical specialties. They will do anything short of giving the doctor a BJ (and some will do that too) to maintain the relationship and, in return, those doctors don't start a procedure without the sales rep nearby.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was ALL a factor for me. Bring lunch, get them to like me, inform them about insurance coverage and know the things that were important to know. That's all they want, so simple.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure if you're still in the industry (i.e. retired), but even that is getting difficult with access changes closing offices every day. I would love to know the real figure on access (not the BS pass the computer back inflated number). I wonder if it's 50% of accounts? My area is considered a "good" access area and it's 50%. What is the number in bad access territories??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's all about managed care and formulary status!!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How often do you hear " I'd love to write it but it's not covered" or, "patients want a generic" or, "nobody wants to pay a $30 copay". Doc's aren't going to try to "sell" their patients on why they should be taking your drug. They will take the path of least resistance and give patients what they want or whats easy for them. Welcome to Healthcare 2015 and beyond. It's not going to get better or easier.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of detailing try selling!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same thing asshole. You don't sell a thing, you give the doc the facts, they decide if you are full of shit... Which most of the time you are, or if you have a better option. Don't flatter yourself, you are NOT a salesman, and never will be.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sell what?
    To who?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what do you 'think' YOU do in this business a-hole?

You probably got let go because you couldn't his your numbers...

LMFAO !!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, I didn't get let go, I'm still here collecting a paycheck working 2, maybe there's days a week.....or should I say catering. I have never finished out of the top 10% in my 20 yrs here, won multiple awards, turned down numerous offers fo promotion, and lived through this demise of the true sales person, which I doubt you ever were or ever will be.
    Keep believing what your manager tells you and keep "closing" those sales. Our days are numbered, and we will soon be closed out of a job.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's is exactly your problem. Because you decided to detail and not sell bringing no value to your customers you deluted everything this job is all about. Step your game up! Your defeatist attitude is exactly what we don't want at this company. Do yourself a favor and push on! People like you are killing this industry and have done so for years!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not according to the genius DM , I work for. We never should ever sell on price. Features and benefits are what matter most. It does not matter that our drug has been available for over 50 years. DM' s pretend to be holier than thou but they are the ones who scam the system. They are so unnecessary and HQ knows it. We don't need to see a DM every single month, it is such a waste of time.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the FDA finally clamps down on sampling, you think there are going to be "jobs"?

Comical how a pharmacy is so tight and locked, yet samples in MD offices are so open.

When samples are stopped, you THINK MDs will WANT to see reps? Think again. I always love the line, "We don't need any samples." That's our goal? To leave samples? Whew.

ANY info they need can be found on the internet.

The days of reps are numbered folks. Think about it!

Start your exit plan NOW, before it is too late!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started in 1968, went 5 years then back in 65 years later foe 28 years. I won every award too - Golden Circle, Silver Circle, got to Level 7 then retired 3 years ago. I never did get closed out of a job. You are so full of it it's funny.