Career Pathways

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2015 at 6:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thoughts on the end of this program?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is more evidence to get the heck out of this industry, especially if you are in your 20s or 30s.

Move to medical device as soon as you can, if you want to stay in medical.

A smarter move is to find another industry entirely. Insurance is easily the best industry out there, and it is not even a close second.

If you are in your 40s or 50s, I hope you saved up....and if you did, then I would just stick it out at this point.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what type of insurance? seems like a great career…at least out here in West with people I know that do it. I know some P&C agents and some that do life/financial.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fact is that Career Pathways was one of the only ways left to get a decent raise besides a promotion to a new job title. It took a long time to get to a level with a pay raise and there are many reps just on the cusp that have been working towards this for many years. They should be furious that this is being discontinued and their progress will not be grandfathered in.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read Mike Gladstone's communication again. People can complete those courses if they are close to finishing the current course requirements for a promotion. This program was and is a joke. People stayed home and completed courses while others did what they were meant to do and completed the courses in their personal time. It is well known that spouses did all the work. Many reps teamed up and exchanged coursework and answers after completing 1.

Glad the program is going away.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Career Pathways is a funny name for an industry/job where the only pathway lately is getting laid off.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As for being on the cusp, they gave us until May, I believe to complete our courses. Yet none of us knows how many points we earned during 2014 because we don't know our annual review results and they also did away with the multiplier. So we are all in the dark probably until March or April. Then they give us suxh a short time to complete the 2015 courses. Does anyone in NY have a damn clue as to what they are doing?

Talk about "respect" for people and no "jerk" behaviour?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Career pathways was probably on someones GPM a few years ago and they got a great rating and a raise...for putting something that was very expensive, gave reps the impression that they are developing themselves, and maintaining a program that was doomed from the start.
    how many of you have crap in your GPM only to never follow-through on it etc?
    Speaking of GPM, why do we even put these together when they aren't used for calibration anyway?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's exactly right! A classic example of life in Pfizer.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GPM, IDP, LMAO

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly!

Your career should be preparing to exit pharma...before it is too late!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got your answer 2 hours later after the Career pathways demise email was sent. When Gladstone pfucked up and mistakenly sent an informal email to M.N. and the ENTIRE US Field Force and said:

"Not being as long a Pfizer employee as you guys, do our guys care about this or not? Do we need to discuss this from a morale perspective? I [sic] initial take is no, but thought I would ask you guys first?"

This Regional President (North America) ends the Career Pathways program in an email and has no pfucking idea what it is or even discussed the ramifications of it before-hand?!?!

Now that's Competence and Respect for People at its highest! Don't ever believe a word from their mouths. This proves it, completely.

A pfucking monkey could run this company better than these circus clowns!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think HR ended this & was signed off by Ian Read.

How would the program work with no labels since labels were such an important part of how career pathways work.

It is a morale killer for the few people that expected to move up the ladder based on activity from this year. Now, people who worked for years on this stuff and maintained high performance will lose out on the chance to get an $8k-$10k boost in annual income.

Managers that fail to see how this is not a morale killer are total ass wipes and dicks trying to sell us shit for dinner. Nobody has offered up a plan to keep the reps that acually worked hard on this extra stuff financially whole vs those that didn't do shit the whole time on career pathways. Are they saying there is no difference between the two? Of course, the reps that did nothing have no issue with the change. They see this as a reward and maybe overall morale will improve since the lazy asses are getting away with it.

My bottomline is this...why would a hard working, follow the rules, meet and exceed your goals type of employee stay at Pfizer? Your benefits have been cut, your work has been disregarded and dismissed, you still have to room with slobs at meetings, your company car is shit compared to reps at almost every other company, bonuses get smaller, rarely better and you will still get laid off at the drop of hat even over lower performing peers over stupid stuff like geography or one bad year in the last three years.

It's still a good company but it ceased to be great a long time ago and continues its downhill slide.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"My bottomline is this...why would a hard working, follow the rules, meet and exceed your goals type of employee stay at Pfizer? Your benefits have been cut, your work has been disregarded and dismissed, you still have to room with slobs at meetings, your company car is shit compared to reps at almost every other company, bonuses get smaller, rarely better and you will still get laid off at the drop of hat even over lower performing peers over stupid stuff like geography or one bad year in the last three years."

I think you answered your own question---why stay??

If you do stay and do more than the bare minimum you are not to bright. They will lay off a hard working, high performer just as quickly as they would a middle of the road rep. Look at all the Summit/HOF winners who got canned.
    Look at the bonuses also. Do you really think there is much of a payout difference among high performers and middle of the pack?? Your better off going home early and spending time with your wife and kids than making that extra call or two!
    You're pissed about Career Pathways!!! That became a joke at Wyeth when they changed it. Of course Pfizer took only the bad sh*t from there and incorporated it here. Anything good there they of course ignored.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I happen to know for a fact that who got moved up from 1 level to the next every year was predetermined by RM's and RSD's and a total fucking joke. People did the coursework and only select people moved up. Each state had a certain allocation of points that could be put into the merit pool for raises. Many, many people spun their wheels and wasted hours on this horseshit. A very similar email was circulated among select managers and the area VP every year as to who was moving up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They didn't need to end it. Just tweak it. The multiplier was pure bullshit. It took 3 years minimum to move up levels. Considering layoffs are every year or two, waiting 3 years to change levels was ridiculous and a waste of time.

The above posts are dead on about Pfizer. Do they read Cafe Pharma, hate the truth and us, then do the exact opposite we recommend?

For example, some bastard sadist comes up with the change of Career Ladder or contests or mentor crap or DSR crap, and they ultimately get shit canned, yet we all busted our asses for nothing. It was never this complicated or impossible at Wyeth, where Career Pathways originated. It was called Career Ladder then. We never wasted specialty reps' time with Leadership crap, detailing contests, DOE, Cimpliance etc. Teleconferences and every other wasteful time consumer and morale zapper. Only Pfizer could pfuck up a decent thing or create such waste.

Does anyone in NYC look ahead or just ask us for our REAL opinions before making us chase windmills and waste valuable time and energy?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like everything else at Pfizer, Career Pathways was as clear as mud. One more smokescreen to move up people's favorites and suppress other, more deserving candidates to get higher certificates

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect more compensation reductions. And of course more rounds of layoffs.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Career Pathways 2.0 or more like (-2.0)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Career Hiatus 2.0