Feeling good again

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been with Pfizer for about 18 months now. I came from another industry and this environment was totally foreign to me. The least to say I have been struggling and thought nobody cared or was paying attention. I now am proud to be a part of this organization. My boss rode with me last week and at the end of the day we sat down for a debriefing. I really thought he wasnt concerned about me or my career but I was wrong. He had actually been thinking about me and came up with a plan to help guide me. He has outlined specific tasks and goals for me to obtain and even put times to achieve them by. I really like that he is holding me accountable and will be showing me more individual attention. Now we get to communicate more frequently by email and phone. I was thinking he didn't like me or care but now he is spending more time with me than anyone else on his team. In fact what he came up with to help me even said Performance Improvement Plan as the title or PIP for short as he nicknamed it. We went over the details and I'm excited to say the least. Now I have specific targets to achieve that, as he said, are meant to help me more systematically reach larger goals. He said that he was even holding himself accountable to my success so that is why the HR department was aware of his actions. He said he had failed me but with this tool, that would be a living document, that we would get back on track.

I am so excited and happy to work for an organization like this that would put this type of ongoing training and development into their people.

Life is good again

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely hilarious. We need a good laugh in these times. Thank you and good luck surviving your PIP because if you don't, you won't get severance when you or your job is cut.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How old are you????? I hope you realize the next step is a push out the door if you don't meet plan. Is this ANOTHER 22 yr old fresh out of college?? Goodness, wake up and get moving or move on before you're pushed!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How old are you? Don't bite

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's so entertaining! Thank you for telling a silly story

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow, betcha bottom dollar that it Shirley will.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does pfizer have an official HR name for a PIP or is it just called a PIP?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Performance Improvement Plan.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love him, he loves me. We're a happy Pfamily!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now all you have to do is consummate the relationship and you are golden.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be a mole from headquarters or completely stupid. Poor thing.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must not be very bright

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm glad to hear things are better for you. I have not been hitting my numbers. I'm going to see if my manager can come up with a similar strategy to help me too.

Thanks for the post

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See? A blow job often helps matters.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP says 18 months.

In that time...do you REALLY see a future in this industry?!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be so negative

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This happened to me as well. My manager and I put together a plan to hit my numbers and get extra product training. Then we moved to the personal development section and proceeded to the back seat. He showed me ways to develop both of us and it was very satisfying. We have made specific personal goals with each other and I'm looking forward to my next ride along on him.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So long....don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out. :((((

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Negative? No, realistic.

IF you think there is a long term career in pharma...think again!

Look at the facts, history and environment. When the NEXT (yes, there will ulitmately be a NEXT) restructuring/downsizing occurs, and jobs are lost...if you did not have a plan in place...it was your own fault!