San Diego Poll

Discussion in 'Cadence Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Apr 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you vote?

A. San Diego office shuts down Sept. 1
    B. San Diego office remains open for a year
    C. San Diego office remains open as a satellite office indefinitely because of RSL
    D. Those who stay are all doomed

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

D

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say definitely A

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

D
    Everyone including RSL should be spending their time looking for new jobs! The sales force should do the same. Mallinckrodt on a resume? That would be comparable to Quintiles on your resume. No thank you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

D

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A or D. D eventually for sure.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I initially thought it would be B, but now think A. They are going to suck and drain all the information out of these people and then let them go by Sept 1. Give it thpugjt people. Merginh us into their benefits would take mere weeks, but they purposely are doing Sept 1 so they can get as much information and training out of these people before they let them go. It is the whole "use and abuse" strategy. The ones they decide to keep will be forced to move. Watch where RSL goes. He is no fool. Having a hard time hearing back from someone in home office? They are busy interviewing.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can talk to three members on my team. We all want out and are trying to help each other find new jobs. The "wait and see how things shake out" mentality is not wise with Mallinckrodt. My cousin worked for them for 18 months and it was the worst experience of his life. As someone else described it, they are only one step away from being an Inventiv or quintiles type of company. Trust me, you don't want this name on your resume. No one will be impressed.

This is the best time to leave before all the changes come into play. It will only get worse, not better. If you want to work for a big pharma company, at least go with someone like Genentech, Celgene, or Amgen. These companies may have the typical big pharma junk to deal with, but they also have very powerful benefit packages and wonderful perks created solely for representatives that took years in the making. You won't have this with Mallinckrodt. Mallinckrodt's benefits range from poor to standard.

The other posting is correct as well. We have all been through acquisitions before and in my experience, we received the parent company's benefits immediately. September was chosen to give their internal people enough time to train and gather all the information from the employees in San Diego and giving them 6 months to do this. Then they can lay them off afterwards. The idea of keeping San Diego open is ridiculous.

You want to know how this will all turn out? Go ahead and ask any of the marketing people if they are willing to move to St. Louis. They will all say No. RSL most definitely will not move out of California. I'm certain he is already looking at some new startups.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

celegene hiring nationwide for derm

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

celgene hiring nationwide for derm

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing with them now. They will match and slightly bump our package and their benefit package is one of the best I have seen after talking to some of the other reps. I'm being very careful this time and have interviewed a lot of existing reps and for the most part they really love working for Celgene and think the benefits package and culture is the best in the now shrinking industry. I've been told if I'm offered the job to not think twice about it. There are many positions open throughout the US right now. Which is rare in itself.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We really believe you dumbass. You've interviewed a lot of existing reps? Bahahahaha.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you talking about f*ckhead? I'm interviewing! Not interviewing a bunch of "existing reps"
    You are a total douche!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's going on in home office next week??

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shit going to hit the fan next week!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What they are planning next week is so unfair it makes me sick. How can they do that?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry people, Randy will protect us, blue skies ahead for those that stick it out.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well what is it??

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can't keep counting on Randy to save us. What if he takes a couple years off. He's made a lot of money. He could just chill for a while and enjoy his family. There are no guarantees he will go somewhere with a company that needs an entire sales force again. He is loyal to people that work hard but you don't know what his future is.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Umm I think that earlier comment was supposed to be a bit sarcastic. Just saying. Everyone on my whole team is looking. It's actually pretty humorous as we are all calling each other more than ever with job leads. If you are a sales rep with this company and you aren't looking than you are a fool.