Calibration

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by Anonymous, Apr 21, 2014 at 10:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's that time of year again kids! The time when someone I don't work for and have never worked with gets a say in my performance evaluation and pay. "E" is for ethics

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many drinks are allowed at dinner during calibration then they come back and work late into the night?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's Astellas and senior management..... The alcohol is always flowing! That's how they make all decisions... Dinner LOTS of alcohol! The rumors are all true.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Calibration is very difficult for managers. A 4 drink nightly limit is strictly imposed. Wanting to get an early and clear start for the day , the breakfast drink of choice is the mimosa.
    It's all a sham because at the end of the day every sales area is required to fall into a predetermined corporate distribution ranking percentage. Managers who don't adhere to the program find themselves gone after 3 months. Good luck everyone

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bahaha. A drink maximum? Astellas doesn't have a maximum more like a minimum to at least meet. 4 drinks in the first hour then the calibration gets fun! It's all a joke just another excuse for a meeting to drink too much and calibrate the women of choice! How do you think the reps, managers get their ratings up!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the original poster. The fact that managers who have no first-hand knowledge of a rep's performance should have an equal vote on a rep's performance rating, merit increase, or whether a rep receives a promotion is unfair. I have never heard of another company that uses this type of "popularity contest", or should I say "ass-kissing contest," to determine the fate of a representative's career on an annual basis. This process leaves a rep with the only choice to attend every NSF with the sole goal of brown-nosing a variety of managers they do not even know and tooting their own horn to managers they don't even know so that the manager will hopefully go to bat for them the following year. Some reps are obviously better at this self-promotion than others who just don't have the stomach for it. Should reps get to vote on whether a manager they know nothing about gets their promotion/raise, etc? Ridiculous.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can thank Bruce.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you saying, guys like J Gushu didn't have the moral integrity to judge reps and calibrate them fairly? Think about it, that's who has your fate in their hands. Guess you better suck up in Orlando and tell all those really "talented" members of the leadrship team how much you like their tacky watch or discuss how their golf game is coming around over a scotch! It's really pathetic what "Astellas" has become, oh well it was good while it lasted now it's just weathering the storm!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Calibration has been around a long time. Way before "Bruce". It may have worked better at Fujisawa when most everyone knew each other but today it is simply an unethical method of performance appraisal.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It does provide for a great circle jerk! Management sits around and determines the fate of your career and potential earnings just based on if they "like" you. Great way to keep discrimination in tact and protect our all white male management team.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"All white male". You are either blind or new to APUS or both