Question on base salary/bonus in Hepatitis

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Mar 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what the target at plan bonus is for the Hepatitis positions? Also is a base salary of 110K within range? Thank you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't have an answer for you, but I also have a question...

What kind of experience are they looking for? I have over 10 years in pharma... Primary care & speciality... Been calling on gastros & heps over last year, so that's recent.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone please comment on the current state of affairs within the virology segment at BMS? Going in for an interview for a Hep position, and I suppose I am just looking for an idea on morale, realistic positioning of the product line in the field, territory size and pressure, work/life balance.
    In device, but this sounds like a great position from the outside. I appreciate any insight you can offer. I also appreciate any ridiculous responses.

Thank you!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm currently at Abbvie but am looking to get out as soon as possible. When are the positions start?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The job post says HCV experience wanted so why would we want to hire anyone from Abbvie?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got my HCV at Vertex (RIP)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Preferred experience is HCV. They're posting and hiring around the same time abbvie does so there is a better selection of current HCV reps from Genentech or Merck as well as anyone still looking for a job from vertex.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The facts are, this company cannot launch a drug successfully regardless of the disease state. There is full blown paralysis to make decisions due to legal oversight going back the past decade. The new HCV drug might launch the end of this year but you'll be doing prelaunch work at that time.....facts are facts.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A warning to hiring managers

Most of reps with HCV experience posting for these jobs will be from two companies whose products are extinct or about to be Unless you want compliance investigations in your district, beware of hiring those reps.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BMS is going to over hire and have to layoff 30% of the salesforce in less than a year. Don't need a dedicated HIV sales force AND an HCV salesforce. HCV drug may not even get approved.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope not because I am one that was hired by "the best" (Gilead; and they actually do have the best drug. BAR NONE. ) just can't stand my manager. I think he is kept around to keep the "numbers" look good if you get my drift; from an HR perspective - not a sales number perspective. Too bad he is an over-bearing jerk. I have to get out of here one way or another. Steph from vertex will be hiring me so I'm good.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When do interviews start?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got an email but haven't heard anything with a specific date. I'm excited about the news today. What's it like working for BMS? Big pharma like here?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Might not get approved? What drug are you on?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are an out of work Vertex rep with a shit 3 years experience, BMS will hire you at $150,000 a year base and at Executive level while everyone who has sold in Virology since its inception will stay at their level and existing salary. That's why the morale in virology is so solid and the management is despised

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My base is $190 k, but I'm awesome. You should expect less.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Question on Hepatitis

OK, I am somewhat of an Interloper here but I am an experienced MSL with another bigpharma and plan to leave there. How are the MSL HIV positions at BMS? Trying not to leap from one frying pan into another... thanks in advanced.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

depends who you work for. IG is a nightmare

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get lost tool, no one makes $190K base, pure BS.